• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great article on Cam's future in Observer today

SCP

Can has/had plenty of weapons on offense this year so Fiz isn't wrong there... Problem is he's had ZERO protection and an utterly incompetent OC and a HC that plays not to lose.

Hard to get around all that no matter who you're throwing to. We could have Megatron, Gronkowski and Josh Gordon and Shula would have them blocking or something...

I agree CAM has not been as consistent as we would like. However, I find it impossible to honestly evaluate cam's performance at this time because I'm not sure how much poor coaching, lack of coaching, no coaching, poor game planning, no game planning has to do with cam's struggles. Common sense tells me it has a lot to do with it. It's a testament to this shitty coaching staff and front office that we're even having this conversation.

Cam has made poor throws when he has had time, that what is what people is talking about. The inconsistent throwing is what is keeping Cam Newton down. I was consider heavily before giving him a huge contract.

Cam has made poor throws when he has had time, that what is what people is talking about. The inconsistent throwing is what is keeping Cam Newton down. I was consider heavily before giving him a huge contract.

I agree CAM has not been as consistent as we would like. However, I find it impossible to honestly evaluate cam's performance at this time because I'm not sure how much poor coaching, lack of coaching, no coaching, poor game planning, no game planning has to do with cam's struggles. Common sense tells me it has a lot to do with it. It's a testament to this shitty coaching staff and front office that we're even having this conversation.

Our offense in general has been inconsistent dating back to last season (inability to score red zone TD's). Fast forward to now with an entirely new group of WR's, and a terrible OL, this is what you get. We already know what Newton is capable of with proper protection.

Right now our offensive line is anything but "adequate", and the injuries and lineup changes to an already talent lacking unit only make things worse. It's also not just the lack of talent but the lack of veteran presence, right now it's basically just Kalil trying to carry the unit.

Then we also have a banged up backfield, and even when those guys aren't banged up, our QB all too often has to pick up the slack and take over to become our leading rusher (even in our winning season last year, Newton lead the team in rushing in like 6 or 7 games).

When you combine all these circumstances that we are dealing with so far this season with a coaching staff who can't seem to get out of their own way, things are going to get ugly fast. Our coaches seem virtually incapable of making adjusments or managing a game in general.

The main concern I have with Newton right now is his long term development. If Rivera isn't the guy, we cannot waste anymore time.

I think you can evaluate by including all that you did.

No such thing as all things being equal in pro sports. You play the cards you are dealt and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

We are a couple of drops and a missed fg from 2 or 3 wins DESPITE a bad ol.

This says more than enough for the objective thinkers on the board:

1. Proclaim Cam Newton the franchise QB... then gut virtually the entire WR corps.

2. Newton's people called for a time-out in the contract negotiations and the article cites a team source as saying it was necessary in order for Cam to focus on the season. I don't buy this for a second. Newton's people called for a halt to the contract negotiations when he saw the roster; minus Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Hangartner, Wharton, Ginn, etc... you know, all those guys who got the team to a 12-4 playoff season last year.

The fact that Gettleman went into this season with our OT situation the way it is was careless at best. You can't have Mike Shula in the OC box with a pathetic offensive line. Nate Chandler and Byron Bell as starters was and is inexcusable, period.

I'm not really sure there was anyone else. Maybe DG just really wanted to tank the year Idk.

I've also stated a few hundred times that Cam Newton would be an idiot to not listen to offers from other teams following the 2015 season.

Doesn't anyone else find it the least bit curious the Panthers have failed to retain their most talented players over the course of their existence? 

I've also stated a few hundred times that Cam Newton would be an idiot to not listen to offers from other teams following the 2015 season.

Doesn't anyone else find it the least bit curious the Panthers have failed to retain their most talented players over the course of their existence? 

I mean he can try, but the Panthers can also slap the tag on him. If they want to, they can guarantee Cam is here till he's at least 28. That's why my money is on a long term deal getting done, and probably sometime between next January-August.

People really need to get the sand out of their vaginas about Gettlemen. With the dumbass contracts that his predecessor handed out, tough decisions had to be made. Unfortunately we gave 13 million to a guy who hasn't played since week one.

Steve Smith would not make a damn bit of difference. As much as I liked the guy...he was on plenty of terrible Panthers teams. The guy who would have made a difference is Jordan Gross. Unfortunately he decided he was done with football.

Archived