• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To those pondering the benefits of a 5 game Win Out vs. A 5 game Lose Out

SCP

I'm with SCP on this, I want us to win out. If we lose out, a new coach could suck too. That Top 10 draft pick? It is a 50/50 chance he'll make it or be a bust. Win out and we win the division and we won't hear poo from the Bucs or Browns fans in our stadium. Suck it losers; just win baby.

I'll pass on winning and keeping Shula and not getting an elite LT. Watching Cam get killed play after play is not worth winning this season. I could care less about the playoffs or other fans singing chants. Most of the top contenders now got that way by losing year after year and drafting top talent

I'll never get this mentality...losing out does not guarantee that you will get any of these things (Shula fires, LT, etc.) in the offseason.

for all you "fans" who want us to lose....

notice the " " 

remember the pain you felt from 2009 until 2013 by missing the playoffs and perpetual petrified cactus butt?  remember how you would have done anything to limp into the playoffs?   Now imagine what you would feel like in 5 more years if we still haven't made the playoffs... every single one of you will look back and say... "if only we could have won in '14 when we were in the worst division of all time... just imagine what could have happened if we just got in"

You guys don't get it.... look at the Giants... they beat the "best" regular season team ever and immortalized 18-1... and they limped into the playoffs...

JUST WIN AND GET IN!!!!!!    Any other attitude is ridiculous.  Whats if we get the number 1 pick and its a Jamarcus Russell?  Would you have that or playoffs?   Whats if we never have another chance to have back to back winning seasons or back to back division championships?

You never know how good it might be if we get in.... you never know how bad it could be if we don't!

Also.... if our coaching staff can get a team with out talent and our psyche right now... to win out... i think i may change my mind on them as well, and you will too.

So as long as there is a chance of going to the playoffs.... YOU PLAY TO WIN... and as a fan of our team, that we are blessed to have, YOU CHEER ON YOUR TEAM TO WIN... 

otherwise... get the heck outta here!   PEACE

If we could be the first team to win a super bowl with a 6-9-1 regular season record I would laugh my fuging ass off.

That would guarantee the NFL changing the playoff setup. They would add games or get rid of the division champs guaranteed seed. They'd probably try adding playoff games first.

5 game win out = 8-7-1 = first time ever back to back winning seasons and back to back NFC South Champs. Don't anybody try to tell me a higher draft pick is better than that.

it rather draft #7 rather than be the worst division winner ever just to get blown out by 30 points and draft #24

Bring your ass to a game after we lose at BofA. I want to win every fuging game, period. It SUCKS walking out of BofA after a loss. Hearing other fan bases sing their chants after a loss on the way down the ramps is like cramming a petrified cactus up my ass. Come to a game after we lose to the Saints, Giants, Steelers etc. and listen to their fuging fans gloat, then tell me if you'd rather win or lose. fug them. Win every damn game we can and worry about the offseason when it gets here.

i agree boss it sucks a high hard one walking down the ramps behind a guy in a #7 Atlanta jersey screaming how we suck. It's everything I can do not to murder. Not an exaggeration. At all. I wanna go all Oakland/San Fran. Stab ppl. I'm not proud of it and fug you if you wanna say it's just a game. After this much $$$ I've spent it makes me a little edgy.

it rather draft #7 rather than be the worst division winner ever just to get blown out by 30 points and draft #24

8-7-1 wouldn't be the worst division winner ever, and with a hot streak of 5 games anything can happen in the playoffs. 

Yeah that losing to draft early every year thing is working out really well for the raiders, bills, jaguars, rams, redskins, and bucs. Meanwhile the patriots, ravens, colts, seahawks, etc seem to be able to get consistent results without drafting in the top 10 every year. The only team i can think of that fits that description is the niners, who had something like 9 consecutive non playoff seasons. I dont think we need to lose for that long to be "good".

nah man i think he's got a point

it's not like the panthers just drafted a day one difference maker and serious OROY contender with the 28th pick or anything

I really fuging hate to bring out my inner charlottepanther but why are you guys comparing us to the fuging 07 giants? THat team had an amazing pass rush and was 6-2 at one point. The Panthers do not do a SINGLE thing well. They can't play offense, they can't play defense. Skill position players are a disaster. Trenches are ineffective. This team shits all over itself and demands another diaper.

We got humiliated by shitty ass mark sanchez 2 weeks ago and now you're saying "well i saw this disney movie one time and a bad team won in the end, WHY NOT US?"

Archived