• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Head Coaching Candidates - My Shortlist

Ruff

With each passing embarrassment of a Sunday, I don't see how there's any way he's retained.  The evidence of him losing the locker room is apparent, and if last Sunday was any indicator I don't think we're even likely to beat TB.  Losing out the season would make it impossible to bring him back.  12-4 to 3-12-1 without the loss of a starting QB is not something that can be overlooked.

With each passing embarrassment of a Sunday, I don't see how there's any way he's retained.  The evidence of him losing the locker room is apparent, and if last Sunday was any indicator I don't think we're even likely to beat TB.  Losing out the season would make it impossible to bring him back.  12-4 to 3-12-1 without the loss of a starting QB is not something that can be overlooked.

Agreed, and that's why Gettleman should be fired.

I doubt Rivera gets fired, I would love Trestman at OC.

I doubt it as well. To me, it seems like Gettleman and Rivera are in cahoots. They are both on the same page in personnel moves. They might wait another season to do it... Fox wasn't fired in 2004, Capers wasn't fired in 1997. 

I'd actually consider Dennison for HC out of the late 00s Texan staff.  Rumor was that's who Cutler wanted over Trestman in Chicago (Take that for what it's worth haha)

And Harbaugh is not coming here.  Roman won't, Fangio won't, Harbaugh won't.   It's not happening.  

None of these guys will be our coach. While I was perma-banned I often read all these silly threads about possible coaches and couldn't believe what I was reading and where some of you get your ideas. The main mistake everybody is making is thinking that the decision comes down to who Dave Gettleman wants. That is false. If you think Jerry doesn't have the main say, you are badly mistaken. Jerry WILL NOT hire a college coach and Jerry WILL NOT hire an offensive minded coach.

Jerry won't ever let Steve Smith be cut either.

Don't know how you categorize Harbaugh and Sumlin as realistic choices when a) I think we have looked at two college coaches during the whole entire time that this team existed and B)If Richardson didn't entertain the offer of bringing in Harbaugh before the why do you think he will again?

I think Kubiak and Shanahan are realistic though. I will add a few names to the mix:

Teryl Austin, DC for the Lions: Spent time with the Ravens and was the DC for the Florida Gators. Good at creating strong defenses.

Kevin Coyle, DC for the Dolphins: Since taking over as DC in Miami, he seems to be getting this defense better and better. Has worked along side Mike Zimmer and Cincy.

Dan Quinn, DC for the Seahawks: Quinn is doing an excellent job in Seattle creating a great defense known as the Legion of Doom. Has be widely known as a hot candidate in 2015.

So if history stays on course, I see yet another defensive minded coach.

Side note: Eric Mangini is a defensive minded coach, not offense

Carolina reached out to Harbaugh but he wouldn't even talk to them. Why do so many people keep saying this garbage? Yeah, JR said he didn't know who JH was; he was being sarcastic. JH pissed him off.

This fan base is so dumb.

Archived