• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera 12-8-14 Presser

SgtJoo

Why the big deal about who starts at running back. Stewart got the majority of carries the past couple of weeks and has 50 more for the season despite missing time.  The guys with the best performance that day will get the majority of carries.  Maybe not naming Stewart the starter makes him more hungry to show what he can do?    Stewart is doing a great job and likely will get the majority of carries against Tampa Bay despite who gets the first carry.

I don't understand why some folks here have to find things to bitch about all the time. 

I hope Rivera isn't contemplating putting Silatolu back in the starting lineup once he gets healthy. 

I am a firm believer that Ron Rivera forgot more about football last year then I have learned my entire life.  I feel that NFL coaching staffs don't get enough credit for evaluating talent because we don't see the practices or film room or any of the behind the scenes stuff. 

That being said if they put Silatolu back in over Norwell they are fu#$#$$ idiots!!!

Why the big deal about who starts at running back. Stewart got the majority of carries the past couple of weeks and has 50 more for the season despite missing time.  The guys with the best performance that day will get the majority of carries.  Maybe not naming Stewart the starter makes him more hungry to show what he can do?    Stewart is doing a great job and likely will get the majority of carries against Tampa Bay despite who gets the first carry.

I don't understand why some folks here have to find things to bitch about all the time. 

People are completely justified in this.  You're right that it doesn't matter who starts if they ACTUALLY fed the hot hand.  But they DON'T do that.  Stewart has been by far the better runner for the vast majority of this season, but when DeAngelo has been "healthy" this season, he's gotten as many snaps as Stewart has, and he's done far less with them.  With the way Stewart has been playing this season, DeAngelo deserves about 5-8 touches to Stewart's 18+.  But when they both play, it's more like DeAngelo - 12, Stewart - 10 or some such bullshit.  And yeah I know that's fewer total touches than the first scenario, but we can actually afford to run the ball more if the run game is working.  And Stewart obviously gives us the best chance of that happening.

p55 is right. who is declared the starter is only a formality. it doesn't matter. what rivera said ia the number of carries that stewart got is the number they want him to have, ie, the target number, with or without a healthy dwill.

with paddleboat ron now essentially treading water to survive, it's obvious how effective his team was with this particular OL, RB carrying the ball, and gameplan compared to past weeks. this is what they have to use if he has any hope of keeping his job.

what comments i saw was basically saying that stewart is the guy, but he wants to be sensitive to ddwill, who is still on the team (for now).

p55 is right. who is declared the starter is only a formality. it doesn't matter. what rivera said ia the number of carries that stewart got is the number they want him to have, ie, the target number, with or without a healthy dwill.

with paddleboat ron now essentially treading water to survive, it's obvious how effective his team was with this particular OL, RB carrying the ball, and gameplan compared to past weeks. this is what they have to use if he has any hope of keeping his job.

what comments i saw was basically saying that stewart is the guy, but he wants to be sensitive to ddwill, who is still on the team (for now).

I see it a bit differently.  We as fans know that it's all about the number of carries, but I just find it hard to believe that their isn't a mental dynamic to this amongst the players.  Stewart and Deangelo are boys, no doubt, but knowing that 34 is out and it's all about 28, I think you could potentially get a better game out of him, then dealing with the back and forth substituting of the two. 

Everyone, the coaches, the fans, the O-line, Cam, everyone saw how effective our running game was yesterday.  Why mess with that formula at all until you have to.  Formality or not, Deangelo sits and he shouldn't have a problem with it.  We're way past coddling egos at this point.

Archived