• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Tyler Lockett

Jeremy Igo

I think his value will have risen considerably by the time the draft gets here. This early last year, OBJ was projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick.

We might have to take him in the 2nd if we want him.

i justed checked two draft sites and both have Lockett projected 2nd-3rd R

National Football Post ends a scouting report on him with "I doubt he gets out of the second round...Ten years ago, he may have been a lock to be a first-round type"

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-prospect-focus-Tyler-Lockett-and-Lael-Collins.html

Football Outsiders compares him to Antonio Brown (5-10/186 at combine, drafted 6th R out of Central Michigan), who was 1st Team All-Pro this year, Big Ben's #1, was called the Jerry Rice of our time by PFF, and finished #1 in the NFL with 1,698 yds this season

CBS' Dane Brugler compares him to T.Y. Hilton (5-10/183 at combine, drafted 3rd R out of Florida International), who was a Pro Bowler this year, Luck's #1, caught for 1,345 yds this season, etc

Everyone is focusing on his return skills and rightfully so but don't underrate him as a receiver.  Of all of the receivers I've looked at thus far, Lockett's route-running skills are among the best.  His double move is killer, sharp in and out of his breaks.  One of those guys who looks a lot quicker than fast although I'm sure he's plenty fast.

Concerned about his weight but I like him a lot.

Are you dense?

I remember fans like you claiming Da'Rick Rogers and Colt Lyerla would go in the first round.

I never once said that lol.

Look at my post history and see that I said that I would take a flyer on Lyerla in the 6th or 7th. Pick 64 is the latest I see him going.

i justed checked two draft sites and both have Lockett projected 2nd-3rd R

National Football Post ends a scouting report on him with "I doubt he gets out of the second round...Ten years ago, he may have been a lock to be a first-round type"

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-prospect-focus-Tyler-Lockett-and-Lael-Collins.html

Football Outsiders compares him to Antonio Brown (5-10/186 at combine, drafted 6th R out of Central Michigan), who was 1st Team All-Pro this year, Big Ben's #1, was called the Jerry Rice of our time by PFF, and finished #1 in the NFL with 1,698 yds this season

CBS' Dane Brugler compares him to T.Y. Hilton (5-10/183 at combine, drafted 3rd R out of Florida International), who was a Pro Bowler this year, Luck's #1, caught for 1,345 yds this season, etc

Sounds like he won't be there for us in the second even, lol.