• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 Things Greg Hardy Must Do to Remain a Panther

Jeremy Igo

Why is this site SO anti-Greg Hardy? Did the man not literally used to post here for a hot second? Am I the only one that remembers him asking for coats for the coat drive that was pinned at the top of this forum? That DEFINITELY doesn't make him a great dude, but why all this vitriol? Were any of you there and know exactly what happened? We give people the benefit of the doubt all the time, why don't we assume Hardy is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers?

Vitriol? Where?

We ended up as a top 10 D last year without him. That 2nd half of the season D didn't need him....what they needed to put them over the top was secondary talent.

Hardy is done. He screwed Carolina. Yet people act like he is the victim still.

So imagine with hardy playing for the team..

And no he is not a victim he is an idiot (not new) but he is still young,

And if Nicole Holder can forgive him i can do that too, then what Jeremy wrote.

Posting here is irrelevant.

Verdict doesn't matter. Even if innocent he still shows poor judgement....the type that results in him screwing over his team. Which is what happened

and it isn't Hardy hate. It isn't being a Panther fan first. Not being a fan of individuals. Individuals come and go....this fanbase overall IMO gets too attached to players

And being a Panther fan first, I couldn't give a toss about what he did affecting our "image" on Jerry Richardson's moral standing in the league. As a Panther fan first, I know he would make the most sense in terms of free agent acquisitions at DE next season when a lot of our other defensive pieces are also coming together. 

Vitriol? Where?

I don't think it cruel, just the truth.  Greg did have a great coat drive going and probably many other good things.  He used his little head instead of his big head too many times.  That hurt this organization.  We did get by without him.  We will continue without him.  His choice of lifestyle.

So imagine with hardy playing for the team..

And no he is not a victim he is an idiot (not new) but he is still young,

And if Nicole Holder can forgive him i can do that too, then what Jeremy wrote.

I'd rather imagine this team with real secondary talent given the choice.

We can find ways to generate pressure

Why is this site SO anti-Greg Hardy? Did the man not literally used to post here for a hot second? Am I the only one that remembers him asking for coats for the coat drive that was pinned at the top of this forum? That DEFINITELY doesn't make him a great dude, but why all this vitriol? Were any of you there and know exactly what happened? We give people the benefit of the doubt all the time, why don't we assume Hardy is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers?

I am defending Greg but i won't blame others for hating him, Greg did everything possible to anger his fans.

After striking a kid, striking a woman is the lamest thing someone can do.

I'd love to see Hardy proven innocent and come back to the Panthers... that's iffy in and of itself.

I could see him playing for the vet min if he was really sincere about playing "for free"... but I doubt that will happen too...

What I don't get is why Voth says he should give the money back?  I mean I get it that that would be a magnanimous gesture on Hardy's part to JR... but why would he do that?

I mean he was tagged, it wasn't his call to sit him after the 1st game, that was JR's call based on media pressure.  Frankly I don't blame him for taking and keeping that money.  He earned that from his play the season before.

I don't get the hate either. The defense looked good but even when we were rolling, the LDE spot was noticeably weak. None of the options there are good at both pass and run much less elite at both like Hardy. Addison and Horton have shown that they are not the answer; Ealy is showing promise and is obviously cheaper - He isn't "there" yet but this might be the biggest problem for Hardy if he is innocent.

I think maybe people are trying to protect themselves from feelings. It's like a break-up.. "I never liked him anyways" "he wasn't the one for me". We saw some of the same views and comments with 89. If he is innocent, I want him back. The way front offices have been bending over and grabbing their ankles anytime the media is upset combined with the Cap/contract issues that we still have make me reluctantly pessimistic.

Reallly I get it. I really do. But some of this is so incredibly disrespectful. Giving money back? It's not like Greg was a hold out, like he didnt want to play here. Greg Hardy was suspended initially because of a knee jerk response due to another player on an entirely different team. This just became an issue because of media pressures. Its the flavor of the week and we got the short end of the stick. If he wants to remain a Panther, that option needs to be explored. I dont know why the case has anything to do with it because he was already found guilty of assault. So a second opinion somehow makes him innocent? It doesn't.

There are tons of guys that should be indicted in the NFL and many of them haven't step foot on the field. This will play in our favor. We discovered depth and developed talent on the defense this year. But Greg Hardy is a special guy... a franchise talent, that wants to play here... that made a mistake... that will be available at a cheap price. Sign him. 

We can take those draft picks and focus on giving Cam the weapons he needs. Stop being afraid of the big bad media, build a brick house team and start winning. 

Archived