• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers Not Expected To Bring Back Hardy

Mr Mojo Risin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469366/article/are-carolina-panthers-finished-with-greg-hardy

It's all but official now. I think this is a huge mistake Hardy was a huge part of what made our defense work. I got so much joy watching our front 4 dismantle the pocket. Hopefully we can find someone close to Hardys level.

**I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ALREADY IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT GREG HARDY DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, SIMPLE.

Posted Today, 08:26 AM

So a new precedent has been set, JR seems to now think being accused automatically equals being guilty. I just cannot comprehend the mindset of not brining him back on the cheap if he's found not guilty, players love him and want him back. This could have a big effect in the locker room.

A beloved player in the locker room ownership has already deemed guilty before his trial. This might be one of the biggest mistakes this organization has made if found not guilty. Imagine if Baltimore let Ray Lewis walk to another team even though he was found not guilty and he was on trial for accessory to murder!! I really can't wait until we get new ownership.

Look on the bright side. This now makes room to add a guy that says yes sir and no sir and contributes to the community!! Super Bowl baby!

our defense came together towards the end without hardy, and put up some magical performances.

I am completely fine with this, and I think overall, we're a better team without him.

That is true but don't forget to look at the level of competition we faced. I think the biggest issue I have with this is what Tantric Ninja said nothing is stopping him from signing with Atlanta and get revenge on the team that gave up on him. Our defense relies a lot on the front 4 to get pressure now that we know Hardys gone for good we desperately need to find someone to fill those shoes

Posted Today, 08:26 AM

So a new precedent has been set, JR seems to now think being accused automatically equals being guilty. I just cannot comprehend the mindset of not brining him back on the cheap if he's found not guilty, players love him and want him back. This could have a big effect in the locker room.

A beloved player in the locker room ownership has already deemed guilty before his trial. This might be one of the biggest mistakes this organization has made if found not guilty. Imagine if Baltimore let Ray Lewis walk to another team even though he was found not guilty and he was on trial for accessory to murder!! I really can't wait until we get new ownership.

Look on the bright side. This now makes room to add a guy that says yes sir and no sir and contributes to the community!! Super Bowl baby!

If the boat is in the Atlantic, you just jumped into the Pacific. Regardless of the outcome of Hardy's trial, the guy has consistently proven to be a headcase that you don't give $80 million to. 

I, for one, am not going to claim to know his status in the locker room, but is it not telling that not one player spoke out for Hardy during this whole mess? 

Baltimore should have left Ray Lewis go, I'd much rather cheer for an organization that values humanity over winning. Life is greater than football. 

our defense came together towards the end without hardy, and put up some magical performances.

I am completely fine with this, and I think overall, we're a better team without him.

We sure did put up some magical numbers against five of the worst teams in the league.

This isn't suprising at all. But anybody who thinks we're better off without one of the league's best defensive players is kidding themselves

Our defense "came together" against garbage teams with garbage offense (excepting NO and Atlanta, who were both in a state of complete disarray by that point).  I like the potential in our defense, and we still have a star in Luke and a solid DL.  But our DL goes from being elite with Hardy, to being solid without him.

No excuse not to bring him back unless it's just too expensive.  And it doesn't appear whether he's too expensive or not is a question they're willing to look into.  The Panthers' handling of this situation has been pure shameful.

Archived