• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

If your work sends you home for a year with total pay would you see it as punishment?

It's readily apparent that you have never been an athlete in anything over little league. Sitting there watching your teammates play, knowing you are physically fine is plenty of punishment. Not trying to insult you Jeremy...I'm just saying. I know he got paid a metric poo-ton to sit on his ass, but I'm sure it hurt plenty to not be put out there on Sunday. Athletes just want to play...probably why he said he'd play for free this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/13/nfl-formally-seeks-access-to-greg-hardy-court-file/

The NFL wants pertinent information relating to Hardy's case so that they can have a leg on to suspend him. Even though the NFLPA is a public defender compared to the NFL's F. Lee Bailey, I do think they would have a field day without this.

Disregard the dismissal of charges. That doesn't matter in any way, shape, or form.

What matters is if the NFL gets copies of these previously sealed court documents that show Hardy drinking and partying with a girl who was doing cocaine, and that partying led to a 'probable' physical altercation and communicated threats to that girl, then the NFL WILL ABSOLUTELY suspend Hardy.

The question at that point then is where on the 2-6 game spectrum will he land? One could argue that he should get the two that was made a precedent with Ray Rice. Goodell could then argue fug you its 6 games because your Union lawyers are a joke.

I'm more interested to see if the court overturns the motion to seal these records because the NFL is making the argument that due to the dismissal of charges they are no longer classified as preparatory documents needed to make a case against a defendant.

What's also interesting is that they want access to the transcripts that wouldn't even exist if Hardy's attorney didn't pay to have them done during the bench trial. If my employer thought I was stealing and the only evidence of me doing so was a video I made on my phone, I certainly wouldn't be giving them my phone to use it against me. Of course on the other hand that would give them grounds to say ok then you are hiding something Bye Felicia.

In the words of Jeffrey Lebowski;

"This is a very complicated case Maude. A lot of ins, lot of outs, lotta what have yous."

If they get their hands on those naked pics of her they need to release them to the public

I wanna know how the NFL could get away with suspending him? He missed 17 games last year because of speculation and a commish trying to save his own ass. I just feel like the NFLPA would destroy Goodell if it came to that

A paid vacation isn't punishment

The Panthers NOT Hardy got punished. People blur that fact. The Panthers suffered as a result of this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/13/nfl-formally-seeks-access-to-greg-hardy-court-file/

The NFL wants pertinent information relating to Hardy's case so that they can have a leg on to suspend him. Even though the NFLPA is a public defender compared to the NFL's F. Lee Bailey, I do think they would have a field day without this.

Disregard the dismissal of charges. That doesn't matter in any way, shape, or form.

What matters is if the NFL gets copies of these previously sealed court documents that show Hardy drinking and partying with a girl who was doing cocaine, and that partying led to a 'probable' physical altercation and communicated threats to that girl, then the NFL WILL ABSOLUTELY suspend Hardy.

How're they going to prove Hardy was doing coke? I don't recall from the transcripts that Hardy admitted to his apartment being the site of a coke party. If I recall he said she had been doing coke all night. Was it before or after she got to his place?

This is why without a trial it'll be difficult to do anything. Nothing has been proven.

It's readily apparent that you have never been an athlete in anything over little league. Sitting there watching your teammates play, knowing you are physically fine is plenty of punishment. Not trying to insult you Jeremy...I'm just saying. I know he got paid a metric poo-ton to sit on his ass, but I'm sure it hurt plenty to not be put out there on Sunday. Athletes just want to play...probably why he said he'd play for free this year.

Just stop it already! NFL players are playing for money. There is a reason you don't hear players refuse big contracts and offer to play for league minimum.

Logic would have me believe that the main reason fans should want this is to have Hardy back on the field in a Panther uniform, but then again....I did say logic and that doesn't always fit in with mob mentality.

People let their emotions play waaaaaayyyy too heavily into these debates.

Reminds me a lot of the Steve Smith debates last year.

You could point out a logical rationale behind the release, and most of the responses would be along the lines of "YOU JUST HATE SMITTY OMG I WILL NEVER LIKE THIS TEAM AGAIN SCREW GETTLEMAN I HOPE WE LOSE EVERY GAME NOW SMITTY IS THE GREATEST EVAR!!!" :unsure:

Bout the same this year with Hardy (probably a lot of the same posters).

I'm okay with Hardy staying or walking. Logic tells me he's gone, and there are actually sound football reasons to let him go.

But hey, I must just hate Greg Hardy, right?

How're they going to prove Hardy was doing coke? I don't recall from the transcripts that Hardy admitted to his apartment being the site of a coke party. If I recall he said she had been doing coke all night. Was it before or after she got to his place?

This is why without a trial it'll be difficult to do anything. Nothing has been proven.

I'm not saying the documents will say Hardy was doing coke. Just that there were illegal drugs either being done at his house, or that someone had been doing them and then went to his house to continue the party. Not to mention I think this whole thing happened really early in the morning which usually means come was involved.

The point is that the NFL can suspend you for conduct detrimental to the league simply for giving them a public black eye. The players collectively bargained for that, and gave Goodell the power to make that judgement call. They botched and moaned but at the end of the day back in 2011 they flinched before the owners did and this is what they get for allowing that kind of control to Goodell.

It's readily apparent that you have never been an athlete in anything over little league. Sitting there watching your teammates play, knowing you are physically fine is plenty of punishment. Not trying to insult you Jeremy...I'm just saying. I know he got paid a metric shit-ton to sit on his ass, but I'm sure it hurt plenty to not be put out there on Sunday. Athletes just want to play...probably why he said he'd play for free this year.

Oh lord.

I'm not saying the documents will say Hardy was doing coke. Just that there were illegal drugs either being done at his house, or that someone had been doing them and then went to his house to continue the party. Not to mention I think this whole thing happened really early in the morning which usually means come was involved.

The point is that the NFL can suspend you for conduct detrimental to the league simply for giving them a public black eye. The players collectively bargained for that, and gave Goodell the power to make that judgement call. They botched and moaned but at the end of the day back in 2011 they flinched before the owners did and this is what they get for allowing that kind of control to Goodell.

i don't think the NFL can suspend someone for not reporting that his friend has been on coke and visited them. Without a trial, only Hardy's statement can be used against him, nothing the victim claims can be used because it's not proven. I don't recall Hardy saying anything to the effect that he and her had been doing coke.

The black eye argument is weak if you ask me. Someone cried wolf and Hardy was the victim. Not his fault that the media jumped on the person crying Wolf's side.

Archived