• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Final Decision On Hardy : No Thanks

Jeremy Igo

it was like when leroy hill was tagged by the seahawks a few years ago: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81001a5c/article/seahawks-rescind-franchise-tag-on-hill-make-veteran-lb-a-free-agent they rescinded the tag because he refused to sign his tender so they got the cap space back. if he had signed his tender, they were locked in. it'd be like if we franchised hardy and he signed his tender but we couldn't find a trade partner. if we just cut him we would eat the cap charge for the tag-we couldn't just rescind it and walk away.

sorry my wife was watching this documentary about these crazy ass fan theories surrounding "the shining" and all the symbolism and poo in it so my brain is kind of fried

The documentary "Room 237"? About all the different theories of hidden meanings like native American genocide and poo like that in The Shining?

Good stuff. Enjoyed it

Hardy was never a leader on the team. I've asked plenty of players who the leaders are, he was never mentioned.

That's not a bad thing. Teams need all types. But characterizing Hardy as a leader isn't accurate.

Well I remember a few times Hardy speaking up and the team following his lead..

Team sport.

And Pep was the best DE when he left. Jenkins was the best DT.

How did the front look at the end of last season? Looked fine to me. Issue seemed to be secondary. So why are people acting like Hardy makes or breaks it?

When peppers left we proceeded to becoming the worst team in the NFL the next year. Hardly being "fine" but hey whatever logical gymnastics you have to do right?

• Pie 1

The tag was a one year deal because they thought that they were a championship caliber team.

Anyone that thought we had a championship team is delusional.  Even Gettleman and Rivera mentioned after the fact something to the effect that we would take one on the chin as far as taking a step back in personnel to further our cap situation in the future.  I do not believe that anyone seriously thought that we had a championship caliber team with as many holes that we had at key positions. I just don't believe it.  We should have tagged and traded or just let Hardy walk. We would have had a much more balanced team that may have finally been able to get over the hump.  

With Jared Veldheer at LT and another legit playmaker at WR, we may have possibly been able to beat Seattle.