• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn update

Jeremy Igo

This happens EVERY off-season.

1. Everyone hopes we sign big FAs.

2. We don't.

3. People whine.

4. We sign marginally-talented FAs.

5. 70% of the board out of nowhere converts to "we're fine" and makes fun of the remaining whiners.

6. The 70% proceed to get their hopes up too high and hate the 30% who are pessimisitc.

7. The team may or may not make the Playoffs ... as they're STILL not elite.

8. If they suck and will miss, the 70% turn to pessimists and the 30% are like, "told you".

9. If they don't suck, the team loses in the Playoffs ... as they're STILL not elite.

RINSE REPEAT in 2016.

Except that the quality of the last 2 drafts, inclufing UDFAs, has been head and shoulders above years past and Carolina is no longer handing out ridiculous contracts. Maybe huge FA signings aren't in the cards (history shows them to be overrated anyway), but the overall tone and philosophy of this front office couldn't be farther from 'RINSE REPEAT'.

Benjamin, Cotchery, Ginn, Brown...I like it.

Will be fun seeing brown and Ginn in there together with cams ability to run.

Would still feel better getting one more proven WR

That is an awful stable of WRs. No respect from any defense. KB getting double and tripled for an entire season again.

Get another receiver who can make plays and get open. Kelvin Benjamin does not deserve this. Meanwhile you see the likes of Odell Beckham Jr and Mike Evans having legit receivers taking pressure off them and getting them open.

Brown and Ginn? really? What a waste. Only need one of them. Waste of time working on Brown if you are replacing him with Ginn this season. Panthers need a #1 or #2 receiver to pair with Benjamin. Tired of having a #1 followed by a stable of #3 receivers. Cam has got to be sick of it as well.

Please, draft a wide receiver to be the #2.

That is an awful stable of WRs. No respect from any defense. KB getting double and tripled for an entire season again.

Get another receiver who can make plays and get open. Kelvin Benjamin does not deserve this. Meanwhile you see the likes of Odell Beckham Jr and Mike Evans having legit receivers taking pressure off them and getting them open.

Brown and Ginn? really? What a waste. Only need one of them. Waste of time working on Brown if you are replacing him with Ginn this season. Panthers need a #1 or #2 receiver to pair with Benjamin. Tired of having a #1 followed by a stable of #3 receivers. Cam has got to be sick of it as well.

Please, draft a wide receiver to be the #2.

Jaelen Strong Please! Throw him opposite of KB with Ginn in the slot and we will be set. With Maclin rumored going to the Chiefs now, Strong just may fall to us.

Haha this is why those crying about "this better not be the only WR we sign" are funny. Signings haven't even happened yet and won't for another 30+ hours. So predictable.

Keep making me laugh, I bought plenty of popcorn :lolu:

So I was bored and checked FlightAware.com. There was no flight in route to Charlotte on American during the time that SnapChat picture surfaced nor is there one scheduled for tonight.

Carry on..

EDIT:

There was one from Dallas to Cleveland around that same time the picture posted.

But then I found this site that shows flights into Charlotte...

http://www.flightarrivals.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Flights.woa/wo/78.17.1.7.1.3.0.1.30.1.5

Haha this is why those crying about "this better not be the only WR we sign" are funny. Signings haven't even happened yet and won't for another 30+ hours. So predictable.

Reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you..

Laugh at that..

The hoping Ginn isn't the only signing is in response to somebody posting a WR Corp.. Where Crotchety is the number 2. . Not people going after Dave. Genius. M

This happens EVERY off-season.

1. Everyone hopes we sign big FAs.

2. We don't.

3. People whine.

4. We sign marginally-talented FAs.

5. 70% of the board out of nowhere converts to "we're fine" and makes fun of the remaining whiners.

6. The 70% proceed to get their hopes up too high and hate the 30% who are pessimisitc.

7. The team may or may not make the Playoffs ... as they're STILL not elite.

8. If they suck and will miss, the 70% turn to pessimists and the 30% are like, "told you".

9. If they don't suck, the team loses in the Playoffs ... as they're STILL not elite.

RINSE REPEAT in 2016.

Except that the quality of the last 2 drafts, inclufing UDFAs, has been head and shoulders above years past and Carolina is no longer handing out ridiculous contracts. Maybe huge FA signings aren't in the cards (history shows them to be overrated anyway), but the overall tone and philosophy of this front office couldn't be farther from 'RINSE REPEAT'.

I think the comments were more about the board than the. FO. I think the FO has a clear direction and free agency is an important part but not necessarily always a high dollar part. Nothing wrong with a low profile. I personally want a James Anderson type pickup. Nothing flashy but something that fits.

Haha this is why those crying about "this better not be the only WR we sign" are funny. Signings haven't even happened yet and won't for another 30+ hours. So predictable.

I said he can't be, not that he "better not be". I was trying to calm people down that were thinking that was it

We got two great receivers in last year's draft class. Imagine two more this year and throw in one more decent FA WR and I'm ecstatic.

Our expectations are so low that Corey Brown is now considered a "great receiver".  Good lord.

I was confused by this as well..

We somehow got 2 great receivers in a draft in which we only drafted one. Gettlemagic.

Archived