• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boykin to Visit per Rapoport

NYPantherFan

Maybe its the Hokie Homer in me, but people who are joking and poking fun at his 40 time saying he js a slow version of Cotch havent watched him play.

When used in GB he was productive, he is the all time leading receiver at Virginia Tech in both receptions and yards beating out players such as Antonio Freeman, Andre Davis, Eddie Royal, Josh Morgan. The kid can play and can run block which is important and has always been important in our offense. I can see him playing the slot position very well for us. If I remember everyone's favorite WR coach didn't run a fast 40 and played 17 years in leauge

I mean if we went into the season like:

Benjamin

Draft Pick

Ginn

And then the rest battle it out:

Cotchery, Boykin, Bersin, Presley, Late Pick/UDFA

...I think we can manage folks.

Boykin, Bersin, and Presley should not even crack an active roster and are borderline NFL players. And you left out Philly Brown, who really shouldn't even be anymore than a situational slot or 4th WR.

That is not acceptable. I really wish we would quit disrespecting our QB with this kind of crap.

Again, I know it's early, but if you're gonna come out with all that "nice to be out of the dollar store," talk, and then bust the gates of free agency down on the first day by inviting the Packers' 8th WR that most Packers fans have never even heard of in for a visit, then just don't talk.

This is a joke. It's the same poo we did last off season. That's how we ended up with guys like Avant and Cotchery. We do not need another slow ass possession receiver. The dude ran a 4,7 lol... We could just resign hardy and use him...

Agree 100%. Surprisingly Stevie Johnson is still avaliable, I'm holding out a grain of sand sized hope he doesn't get signed and after a few days we give him a look but I'm not getting my hopes up, he's too much of a well known player for us to go after.

I literally would rather just roll with Stephen Hill then look at these joke of a guys like Boykin. He's a WR in the NFL that runs a 4.74 for the love of fug, Gman baby, I love you, but c'mon man lol

Seems more sure handed than Cotchery. Wouldnt call him a splash but it could be a way to get Cotchery's productivity at a cheap price. He's slow... but he's worth a look.

The only difference between he and Cotchery is age. He's slow as poo and not all that talented... He also played in a WR-friendly system in GB. And Cotch is already on a long-term deal paying him peanuts.

The point of FA and the draft was to UPGRADE our WR corps, not reinforce it with lateral moves.

Archived