• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

Maybe in the second, if he falls. If we sign Jennings I'm 90% sure we'd pick a defensive player in the 1st. Unless a top tackle like Collins falls or one of the top 3 wideouts falls I don't see us going offense at all. I truly think there's no way we go Gurley. DG wants guys in the first who can contribute and have an impact immediately. Gurley wouldn't, behind Stewart and coming off the injury. Would be ecstatic with him in the 2nd.

I disagree. Jennings allows for a draft pick at any position besides qb.

I disagree. Jennings allows for a draft pick at any position besides qb.

I'm just certain there will be defensive players higher up on our board than any WR outside of the top 3. Strong was a consensus mid 2nd rounder before the combine. The combine doesn't change Gettleman's rankings. Strong ran fast at the combine, but his game speed is not that fast. Gurley is still a risky pick with RB being devalued around the league and coming off an injury. I could see DG taking Strong if we don't sign Jennings but not if we do. Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

I'm just certain there will be defensive players higher up on our board than any WR outside of the top 3. Strong was a consensus mid 2nd rounder before the combine. The combine doesn't change Gettleman's rankings. Strong ran fast at the combine, but his game speed is not that fast. Gurley is still a risky pick with RB being devalued around the league and coming off an injury. I could see DG taking Strong if we don't sign Jennings but not if we do. Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

I'm pretty sure that Strong has been a late first rounder for a while now. There have been a lot of talks of having him that have happened way before the combine. It's definitely not concensus.

Archived