• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

Teams don't look at stats to determine whether they sign a player. So no, teams will not look at that. They will look at the tape. QB play factors into how "good" a WR looks and their stats, and going from Favre/Rodgers to Ponder/Cassell/Bridgewater is quite a big difference. Jennings was never some high-end #1 like he seemed to be (to fans) with the Packers, and like he was paid by the Vikings. But he is a solid #2 or low-end #1, and that held true with both the Packers and Vikings.

I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about how much of a threat he was.

I agree it isn't necessarily fair to him.

I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about how much of a threat he was.

I agree it isn't necessarily fair to him.

And I'm saying he wasn't any more of a threat in Green Bay than he was in Minnesota. Stats are what make it seem like he was worse in Minnesota, but he wasn't. Teams that watch film will be able to realize that. He's aging and has lost speed, so that factors in to a degree, but he was never a burner. 

And I'm saying he wasn't any more of a threat in Green Bay than he was in Minnesota. Stats are what make it seem like he was worse in Minnesota, but he wasn't. Teams that watch film will be able to realize that. He's aging and has lost speed, so that factors in to a degree, but he was never a burner.

I have little doubt that the Panthers have checked him out quite thoroughly.

I would say they still believe he can contribute, but they may not believe he's worth what he might be asking for.

Again, all of this is speculation.

The reports about Jennings always said he was going to take his time to come to a decision and weigh all the options. Everything he has done so far seems to mesh with that. He is 31 and has a family and wants to make the best decision for both he and them. He probably has fair offers from a few teams including the Panthers and Dolphins on the table and the decision will come when he is ready. I wouldn't be surprised if he still takes another visit or two and I don't think the Panthers are in any better or worse position than they were before.

Honestly, Jennings > Cotchery. He does upgrade our roster.

If we had Jennings, does Cotchery even make the roster?

(1)Kelvin Benjamin

(2)Greg Jennings

(3)Ted Ginn Jr

(4)Philly Brown

(5)Draft Pick

Who gets the last receiver spot:

Jerricho Cotchery

Brenton Berson

Stephen Hill

Marcus Lucas

De'Andre Presley

Mike Brown

Jerrett Boykin

*forgot Boykin

The reports about Jennings always said he was going to take his time to come to a decision and weigh all the options. Everything he has done so far seems to mesh with that. He is 31 and has a family and wants to make the best decision for both he and them. He probably has fair offers from a few teams including the Panthers and Dolphins on the table and the decision will come when he is ready. I wouldn't be surprised if he still takes another visit or two and I don't think the Panthers are in any better or worse position than they were before.

Most logical post yet in this thread. He's been saying he's going to take his time and decide. He's just doing his due diligence by going to teams and seeing what they have in mind vs. what he has in mind and then probably weighing various contract offers, etc.

At this point there really isn't much reason to sign with a team hastily.

Archived