• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From Bridgewater to Newton...but...

Jeremy Igo

Yes, should Jennings sign in Carolina he will be getting an upgrade at QB, although Bridgewater should have been in the talks for rookie of the year. 

But more importantly, Jennings will be going from Norv Turner to Mike Shula. 

Last season Brandon Lafell performed at a higher level in New England while Jericcho Cotchery performed at a lower level in Carolina. So, it is far from a given that Jennings will have the same numbers here as he did in Minnesota, in fact, it is rather unlikely. 

Going from Norv Turner to Mike Shula is a really significant drop, more so than the upgrade he will be getting at QB. 

If greg olsen and kelvin benjamin can both go for 1000 yds and at least 5 or more tds(dont know the exact number) then it would not be unlikely that he is productive in our system. The comparison to cotchery is not equivalent. Greg jennings is a two time pro bowler and unlike cotch has had more than one 1000 yd season. Cotch is a poor mans greg jennings. I know that jennings is getting old but hes saavy and knows how the game is played and has enough physical tools to come in a compete at a high level.

Jeremy being a Debbie downer again... We have enough of those on here already

Sometimes I see things swaying way too far to the positive and I feel the need to quell expectations a bit. 

Yes, he is an upgrade over Cotchery. But not as big an upgrade as many think. 

Archived