• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

best coaches 2015 per rotoworld

electro's horse

I'm not a huge fan of Rivera. It seems like he thinks about all the negative things that can happen on offense instead of the positive and that holds us back tremendously. It's as if he is afraid to score points lol. He coaches scared until he thinks his job is on the line and then he turns back into "Riverboat Ron." He and Shula need to get up out of here.

That tie is the reason we were in the playoffs. If Cotch catches that pass it's a W, and if Gano doesn't miss a short one in regulation it never gets to OT.

If we got the W, we would have been 8-8 and still division champs.

If we lost we would have been 7-9 and still won the division by virtue of a better divisional record than the 7-9 saints.

In short, the tie was not the reason we were in the playoffs. It was just Rivera retracting any testosterone in his body.

Hilarious listening to people bash someone for being "mediocre" when they are one if th 15 best in the world at what they do. The competition for head coaches is fierce and competitive. Yet people who can only dream at being just below avg at their jobs continue to take shots....priceless.

Gosh golly gee, how can anyone bash Jimmy Clausen when he is one of the 35th best in the world at what he does. What a bunch of lozers.

If we got the W, we would have been 8-8 and still division champs.

If we lost we would have been 7-9 and still won the division by virtue of a better divisional record than the 7-9 saints.

In short, the tie was not the reason we were in the playoffs. It was just Rivera retracting any testosterone in his body.

Yeah I got that wrong I thought the Falcons ended up at 7-9 with a 5-1 divisional record, but they were 6-10. 

Yeah I got that wrong I thought the Falcons ended up at 7-9 with a 5-1 divisional record, but they were 6-10. 

And the week 17 game with the division (and playoffs) on the line is an example of why I have such a love-hate relationship with Rivera. When the pressure is on, he's very good. (Even if the Falcons had given up on their coach, they were also playing for the division and the playoffs.)

But when Rivera is comfortable, he is hot garbage.

It drives me insane that he acknowledges his mistakes and corrects them, only to become complacent and make the same mistakes all over again.

Technically we went 8-8-1 which is considered being over .500 we also went to the playoffs and won that to me is a winning season 2 for 4 isn't terrible especially if we 3 peat.

If we're getting TECHNICAL here, we were 8-9-1...

I want Rivera to be good.

I hope he'll be good this season.

I'm just not yet convinced that he isn't in the "better coordinator than head coach" class of guys.

He's certainly not a total basket case. He obviously inspires loyalty in his players, and they go to he wall for him. Plus he's arguably one of the best defensive schemers in the league. And while he may not own Peyton, he's at least got a lease with an option to buy.

In the areas of player evaluation and clock management though, oy :(

Bottom Line: I'm hoping to see positive strides this season.

Hoping really, really hard...

Archived