• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Workout Question

MichaelNewtonII

Ok let's get to the chase here I'm a skinny guy I'm 6'3" and weigh 165. I am pretty satisfied with my body tone except for my chest and I want to get my chest from being flat to the point where it looks like I have some type of pecs in the next two months. What can I do to focus in on working my chest because no matter how much I've lifted my chest has never gotten cut

Young buck, you're trying to get the pecs before you start college eh? Well there are no short cuts to getting buff unless you want to get on the juice.

Like you I used to work out a lot and did not get a lot of results. The problem was my diet. I am what they call a hard gainer. I had to significantly increase my calorie intake along with the exercises before I could make any gains. You might need to go on a bulk. Check out youtube, there are a lot of fitness channels, my personal favorite is the hodgetwins channel.

as a relative newb in serious lifting, i recommend you implement a bench press routine and lift weights three times a week. you can't just do bench press, of course, so learn to incorporate curls and other poo into your workout, but a press is going to really work your pecs, shoulders, and biceps. i tend to work progressively down: i'll go for my max once, and then progressively take ten pounds off and do a set of four reps until i'm close to 100, and then finish out with sets of ten on those lower weights.

the good news is if you're doing this seriously you can expect as much as a 30% increase in your performance level during the first 12 weeks you're lifting. look into some dietary stuff, drink assloads of water, try to get a bunch of protein in before and after your workout, and for god's sake don't forget leg day.

good luck

"every body wanna get big, don't nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight"

Like others said, to get the pump you need to lift heavy and wash it down with protein.

My advice would be to workout with a friend that can spot you. You will see a lot quicker gains if you are pushing yourself to failure.

Depending on how serious you are I'd start by doing 500 push-ups a day. 250 in the morning and 250 at night. You're 165, so obviously diet isn't a huge factor so just eat lots and buy some creatine if you don't want to take anything else.

Skip legs, Philly's a newb so don't listen to him! Just wear pants, no pecs no sex!

Depending on how serious you are I'd start by doing 500 push-ups a day. 250 in the morning and 250 at night. You're 165, so obviously diet isn't a huge factor so just eat lots and buy some creatine if you don't want to take anything else.

Skip legs, Philly's a newb so don't listen to him! Just wear pants, no pecs no sex!

Pecs for sex and curls for the girls bro?

ggg.jpg

One thing to consider when doing bench press. Even with perfect form some people get alot of shoulder pain because of the way it rotates your shoulder socket. If this happens, switch to dumbells. They often don't cause the same shoulder pain and have the added bonus of almost guaranteeing symmetry.

I've been lifting for awhile and whenever I try to add back in the bench my shoulder starts killing me and I can't do chest more than twice in a week. I just do dumbells for the press.

Also, at your height you might want to consider something different. With your arms likely being long you will most likely wear out your delts and triceps before really wearing out your chest. If you try for a few days and don't feel you are getting a good pump in your chest, try doing flys or cables first to isolate your chest and then move to a press.

Archived