• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper is starting to hype up Perriman. What are the chances...

Matthias

All year everyone pretty much knew Amari Cooper was going to be the first receiver picked in the draft.  Yet after Kevin White's combine workout, many now believe he will be the first wideout taken, perhaps by the Raiders.  This morning I heard Kiper on Sportscenter talking about the possibility of the Rams taking Perriman with the 10th pick.

Now my personal opinion is Cooper will still be the first receiver taken.  I don't care about White's workout.  The Raiders would be absolutely fools to pass up Amari Cooper just because a guy was a little bigger and a little faster.  Yet like I said, now Perriman is being hyped up because he's "a little bigger and a little faster" (At least in terms of workouts)  Well, DeVante Parker is "a little bigger" and about as fast.  It's also possible for a team to fall in love with Dorial Green-Beckham.  He's definitely bigger and the only questions around him are off the field.  If it weren't for that, he most likely would have been the first receiver off the board.

What I'm trying to say is, if Kevin White and Breshad Perriman are taking in the top 10, and Copper falls, what are the chances he will still be on the board when we pick when guys like Parker and Beckham are still floating around in the teens?

Kiper actually had Perriman going top 20 even before the combine. He's been on that train for a while.

To answer your question, there is zero chance Cooper is available at 25. There is a small possibility that he does drop into the mid teens, but we would have to trade up to get him at that point and it would take our 1st and 2nd.

Yea I doubt Cooper drops that far we'd have to trade up to get him. If he falls to mid teens I could see us possibly inquiring to move up but I doubt it. The good news with this scenario is that it would cause some unlikely prospects falling to us just like Star did and I do like that.

As much as it would be ideal, I give Cooper less than a 1% chance of being on the board at 25. Is that what you're asking?

Yep.  I doubt he will be there, but who knows.  If a big guy runs a low 40 time, sometimes teams fall in love with that.

There seems to be a lot of teams in the market for a WR early, including us. Raiders definitely need a true number one guy. The Jets are meeting with Cooper. St. Louis has other needs but Cooper or White could be BPA at ten. The Vikings may want to pair Teddy with DeVante Parker once again. The Saints may look to address the position after losing Stills and Graham. The Dolphins now need a true number one or could stand to pair another young receiver with Jarvis Landry. Then throw in teams like the Browns, Eagles, and Chiefs that could all make a case for taking a receiver in the first and things could get interesting on draft night. I personally see six WRs going in the first after immediate production from rookies at the position last year: Cooper, White, Parker, Perriman, DGB, and Strong. The good news for us sitting at 25 is that the position is relatively deep this year and some or even most of those teams may wait to address the position in the second or third rounds. Impossible to really make definitive statements at this point but it's fun to think about the possibilities.

Ah, I forgot about Strong.  The interesting thing to note is all these guys ran good 40 times.  Out of all of them, Cooper is the smallest.  No one expected Aaron Rodgers to fall as far as he did, and he plays a much more important position.  I guess if Cooper does start to fall pass 15, should we move up to get him or should we gamble and wait?

Archived