• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Panthers looking to move up to 16-20th pick

@bobbyagnese

1 out of 6 players being solid contributors? Maybe that is stellar to you. To me it's not. That's the last I'd say about this.

So it's too early to tell if they're good, but you can already tell they're bad.

Riiiiight.

No GM bats 1.000 or even close to it in the draft. Honestly, can't understand that Gettleman's two draft classes here so far are really damn good, then I fear you may just be dumb and unfortunately that's a condition that is unlikely to improve.

He wants to call them busts after one year, but says it's too soon to call anybody 'good'.

It's a pretty silly argument.

It's really pure speculation and Gettleman won't make this move until draft day if he does go that route. I think the Panthers will stay put at 25 and hope someone like Peat or Flowers fall in their laps. The only way Gettleman makes this deal if WR or OT start flying off the board if that's who they are targeting in the first round. But I think we are going to stand still at 25.

This would be a terrible move. Would need to give up too much in a pretty lackluster Tackle class. 

16th-20th would put us the right position to take either BPA WR or OT.  IMO would make perfect sense to move up this year. Plenty of draft picks and only 20-25 real first round picks. 

Archived