• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Panthers looking to move up to 16-20th pick

@bobbyagnese

I don't see taking Collins, much less moving up for him.

His specialty is run stopping.  He is very weak in pass protections.  We have an NFL that is all about the pass and with our division having Brees, Matty Ice and now Winston, we had better be able to cover the pass.  Our front 7 will be sufficient most of the time to stop the run.

The only way a trade goes down is if somebody falls further than we expect. OT won't be the target, we can get one that falls to us at 25 as there's not much difference in guys. If Trae Wayne's or Parker fall that's when things get interesting in my opinion. Either of those guys could make us extremely strong at CB or WR and would be worth the move.

Not so fast my friend.

You have NO IDEA how our staff has the OT's evaluated.  There may be a guy they love and would go up and get.

Anyone who says they have any idea what we will do are dilusional and kidding themselves.

You do accomplish that with a lot of luck in a suck division when you as the GM take the team from top 4 in the NFL in production to #23.

Well if you are satisfied with division championships, you make a valid point.

Now for the people who want to see the NFC Championship game and Super Bowl, that brings up a lot of questions regarding the way the coaches and front office are running this team.

After 4 straight division championships (if that ever occurs and it probably will not) and no NFC Championship game under the teams belt, then we will see what you all say.

The Panthers are going to need to win the NFC South with 7 or 8 wins this season. The home schedule is brutal, and the Panthers do not have the coaching or personnel to match up against most of the teams they will face in 2015.

This team is not being built well enough to compete with the Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks, Giants, Colts, and Texans. All of which play the Panthers this season.

Sigh. Life is too short to spend too much time with this one but in GMan's first year if DeAngelo doesn't fumble we're the #1 seed and best team in football. We beat the Giants 38-0. Last year we didn't have 10% of our cap for 17 games and our 2013 first round pick against the NFC champs and competed well into the 4th in the divisional round. We're already a helluva lot better on paper than one calendar year ago at this time.

lol wat

He has no clue what he's talking about. The fact that he's scared of the Giants and Texans shows that clearly.

He's one of these 'I hate Gettleman because he dumped Steve Smith' yahoos that nobody even pays much attention to anymore.

I'm sure if we win the Super Bowl he'll still come in and say it wasn't good enough :lol:

He has no clue what he's talking about. The fact that he's scared of the Giants and Texans shows that clearly.

He's one of these 'I hate Gettleman because he dumped Steve Smith' yahoos that nobody even pays much attention to anymore.

I'm sure if we win the Super Bowl he'll still come in and say it wasn't good enough :lol:

No you have no clue what you're talking about, Scot. Don't you remember we got blown out by the Giants 38-0....oh wait....And the Texans had like 5 more wins than us....oh wait....

No you have no clue what you're talking about, Scot. Don't you remember we got blown out by the Giants 38-0....oh wait....And the Texans had like 5 more wins than us....oh wait....

I looked at the Texans' nine wins last year, and six were against these juggernauts....Jags 2x (3-13), Titans 2x (2-14), Raiders (3-13), Redskins (4-12).

For all the hell the NFC South got last year, the AFC South is far and away much worse.

I looked at the Texans' nine wins last year, and six were against these juggernauts....Jags 2x (3-13), Titans 2x (2-14), Raiders (3-13), Redskins (4-12).

For all the hell the NFC South got last year, the AFC South is far and away much worse.

Exactly. I can't believe someone thinks we can't compete with the Giants or Texans...

Compare our roster two tears ago with what we have now.

Heck, compare prior drafts when we weren't even hitting on second and third round picks.

Biggest factor of all for me, though?

in the prior eighteen years of this team's history, we've gone to the playoffs four times, and never in back to back seasons. In only two years as a GM, Gettleman has already reached the playoffs half as many times as our entire history before him, and the first time in consecutive seasons. If we make the playoffs this year, it'll only take one more appearance to equal that record.

You don't accomplish that without solid choices.

And a little luck.

There's not a player in this draft outside of the top-8 picks worth trading up for. I'll be pissed if we give up anymore than a 5th rounder to trade up, regardless of who it's for.

I wouldn't say that. Their are situations where supply would dictate a move such as safety. Outside say Collins There are no other start right away quality prospects. So i would say depends on who.

Remember that rant he went on a few weeks ago about how gettleman screwed the pooch and we wouldn't be getting any comp picks because we signed too many crap UFAs.

Then boom two 5ths

Archived