• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USC WR Nelson Agholor has private visit with Panthers today

jamos14

I dont see us looking at Agholor before the second.  No way is he worth a first rounder being arguable the 5th or 6th best receiver in the draft.  Why go for 6th best when you can get a similar talent in the third round and instead get a top  corner, or other position.  He just isnt a good value int he first and frankly isnt so unique we cant approximate his skills further down the draft. And yes being from USC is an issue since the last one of their receivers that really panned out was in the 90s.  For whatever reason their guys do not pan out in the NFL and with the last 16 being busts si surely not pure chance.

I dont see us looking at Agholor before the second.  No way is he worth a first rounder being arguable the 5th or 6th best receiver in the draft.  Why go for 6th best when you can get a similar talent in the third round and instead get a top  corner, or other position.  He just isnt a good value int he first and frankly isnt so unique we cant approximate his skills further down the draft. And yes being from USC is an issue since the last one of their receivers that really panned out was in the 90s.  For whatever reason their guys do not pan out in the NFL and with the last 16 being busts si surely not pure chance.

Just because you think he is the 5th or 6th best receiver in this draft based on a few articles doesn't mean our GM thinks the same. What was Kelvin ranked last year? I only looked at CBS but that had him 8th....

Being from USC is absolutely not a problem, does attending a certain university automatically suck away your talent? Its not fair to judge a player because of where he went to school (which happens to send the most players to the nfl nonetheless). I don't think a professional is going to shy away from a player based on a fanbase's superstitions. And labeling Marqise Lee and Robert Woods as busts already is just absurd. Woods would clearly be our #2 receiver and showed solid progression in his 2nd year with a pretty bad QB situation. 

I dont see us looking at Agholor before the second. No way is he worth a first rounder being arguable the 5th or 6th best receiver in the draft. Why go for 6th best when you can get a similar talent in the third round and instead get a top corner, or other position. He just isnt a good value int he first and frankly isnt so unique we cant approximate his skills further down the draft. And yes being from USC is an issue since the last one of their receivers that really panned out was in the 90s. For whatever reason their guys do not pan out in the NFL and with the last 16 being busts si surely not pure chance.

Like Hardy..lol

Just because you think he is the 5th or 6th best receiver in this draft based on a few articles doesn't mean our GM thinks the same. What was Kelvin ranked last year? I only looked at CBS but that had him 8th....

Being from USC is absolutely not a problem, does attending a certain university automatically suck away your talent? Its not fair to judge a player because of where he went to school (which happens to send the most players to the nfl nonetheless). I don't think a professional is going to shy away from a player based on a fanbase's superstitions. And labeling Marqise Lee and Robert Woods as busts already is just absurd. Woods would clearly be our #2 receiver and showed solid progression in his 2nd year with a pretty bad QB situation. 

Don't bother. Not worth the time it takes to type. 

I'm definitely not on board with taking Agholor in the 1st, but your 5th or 5th best WR in the draft argument just doesn't hold water considering KB was the 5th WR taken in last year's draft.  Now, he may have been ranked higher than the #5 WR according to Gettleman, but he was the 5th off the board.

Two things. Gettleman often likes physical specimens like Benjamin.  Agholor is not the big target we need for Cam given his tendency to throw high and inaccurately. Secondly there are certain schools that for whatever reason have talented players who don't make it in the NFL but 16 in a row?? Again I would surely hope that he is the one to break the string particularly if we pick him.  As a Panther fan, who wouldnt.  I just think he is like many guys who shoot up the draft boards and are reaches.  Reminds me of a ECU running back who shot up the board and was a first round pick- Chris Johnson. A guy who flamed out and ultimately was a reach. 

Just my opinion.

I'm definitely not on board with taking Agholor in the 1st, but your 5th or 5th best WR in the draft argument just doesn't hold water considering KB was the 5th WR taken in last year's draft.  Now, he may have been ranked higher than the #5 WR according to Gettleman, but he was the 5th off the board.

It is value question.  Do you want the 6th best WR or the best corner?  Secondly Benjamin is a huge physical specimen.  I dont see that Ogholor is a physical specimen or that unique so there is no reason to pick him over someone else who would be a better value and close in ability.

Archived