• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks GM hints he'll just let Wilson walk if he doesn't lower his demanded price.

Seattle has built a well balanced team that should be a contender for years to come.

Wilson has played a vital role in the hawks ascendance, but I doubt the GM is about to significantly disrupt the overall team balance to retain him.

Should make for some interesting negotiations.

Chancellor + Sherman are easily more responsible for Seattle's success than Wilson.  Throw in the fact you could probably pay the two of them plus Lynch for not much more than the cost of a new top 3 QB contract right now and the GM is absolutely right. 

Letting Wilson walk will kill that team. I don't believe he is as big a part of his team as Cam is to us, but Cam pretty much IS our offense. So just because I don't believe he is as important as Cam doesn't mean I believe he isn't a very important part of what they do. Seattle is in big trouble if they let him walk without someone else even remotely close to Wilson's talents. Franchise QBs are hard to come by, however, LOB is more of a reason they win than Wilson. So with that being said, if you had to chose which to keep, I believe it would have to be LOB.

Wilson is so terrible. Yet our most vaunted defense could not stop in him the second half and allowed him to have a 149 QB rating against us in our playoff game...

A Star and Hardyless D where his guys were making one handed catches for long TDs. He played well but threw 4 picks the next week and a SB losing INT after that. The truth is in the middle, certainly nowhere near what he's gonna demand nor what I would give Cam.

You can say he's a product of a system but he doesn't turn the ball over much, is pretty accurate, and is mobile while having an offensive line that gives up many sacks and this season he had no big name WR. If QB is the most important position then why would you let a good one walk away?

You can say he's a product of a system but he doesn't turn the ball over much, is pretty accurate, and is mobile while having an offensive line that gives up many sacks and this season he had no big name WR. If QB is the most important position then why would you let a good one walk away?

He sure turned it over in the NFCCG and SB. Just saying.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25151841/would-seahawks-let-russell-wilson-walk-gm-hints-that-its-possible

Basically says that keeping the legion of boom in tact is more important than Wilson. Wonder if Gettleman would do the same for Cam. These QB contracts are crazy and are crippling their teams. Despite what many on here believe, Cam isn't close to being an elite QB, but he wants elite QB money. oh well, flame on.

Ive been saying this for awhile. The QB contract bubble is going to burst and burst soon. Once teams finally see that with the rules heavily favoring QBs and the passing game, all you need is a stout O line and good WRs and you can make it with a average or above average QB. You have QBs like Jay Cutler and Andy Dalton getting paid as though they are Peyton Manning, its getting out of hand

You can't compare RW to Cam.  RW has largely been a game manager during his NFL career while on the other hand, Cam has largely been asked to BE our offense.

If we sign a QB to a 100 million deal, guess what, the QB pretty much has to be the offense. And we've seen that, outside of 2011, a Cam focused offense is below average. Cam has his strengths, but one of his weaknesses is that he just doesn't make players around him better like Rodgers or Brady or Peyton do. You'll never hear from Erick Decker or Julius Thomas again. Greg Jennings stock collapsed after leaving GB. And Brandon "Stone Hands" Lafell had a career year with Brady. Blame Shula or the world all you want, but it's an unfortunate reality about Cam. He can be a great cog of the offense, but he can't be the offense.

Archived