• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we should draft Dorial Green-Beckham

SCP

And then if he gets suspended, (stupid) people will be screaming for us to trade a first rounder for him.

You're obviously referencing Blackmon and Gordon, whom many believed were worth a late-round flier, but I think accusing people of wanting to trade a first is an incredible stretch.

You're obviously referencing Blackmon and Gordon, whom many believed were worth a late-round flier, but I think accusing people of wanting to trade a first is an incredible stretch.

Before their most recent episodes, people wanted us to trade high picks for them.

We've got some folks on here that are more obsessed with 'bad boys' than teenage girls. Every time some yahoo gets in trouble or gets suspended, they're on here in a heartbeat ready to go after him.

Heck, we had people who wanted Titus Young, for pete's sake

Still think it would be worth it to trade a late rounder for Blackmon.

Before their most recent episodes, people wanted us to trade high picks for them.

We've got some folks on here that are more obsessed with 'bad boys' than teenage girls. Every time some yahoo gets in trouble or gets suspended, they're on here in a heartbeat ready to go after him.

Heck, we had people who wanted Titus Young, for pete's sake

I think you are exaggerating substantially. Very few people were willing to part with 1st rounders for Blackmon or Gordon.

You are more old school in how you picture football players, there is nothing wrong with that. We get it.

Seriously doubt it, dude.

And while I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone, I have to say a prospect refusing to meet with any team that's interested in him would be a huge red flag for me.

Didn't Kelvin Benjamin cancel a meeting with some team last year before the draft?  I don't think it matters as long as he can play, dude.  Maybe he doesn't want to play for a mediocre franchise.

Edit: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24521497/report-tired-kelvin-benjamin-blows-off-workout-with-nfl-coach

KB gets tired a lot apparently.

I think that it's a little early to label DGB as the next Gordon or Blackmon. I believe that he has apparently been clean for a longer period than either one of them when they entered the league (or while they have been in the league). Stereotyping is really not productive on a lot of levels. Moreover, I can easily understand why some would not have anything to do with him, but I also understand why someone would be willing to take a chance on him. Neither position is inherently crazy or stupid. It is a judgment call.

I never cosigned a 1st round pick but I would move our 5th for Gordon.

I would for Blackmon but not Gordon at this point. Gordon has been caught like 4 or 5 different times now and has made excuses the 2 most recent times. Seems like he'll never truly get it. Blackmon was caught twice and has been out since the 2nd one but hasn't done anything wrong since and went to rehab which supposedly went well. He's also eligible for reinstatement I believe. 

I think that it's a little early to label DGB as the next Gordon or Blackmon. I believe that he has apparently been clean for a longer period than either one of them when they entered the league (or while they have been in the league). Stereotyping is really not productive on a lot of levels. Moreover, I can easily understand why some would not have anything to do with him, but I also understand why someone would be willing to take a chance on him. Neither position is inherently crazy or stupid. It is a judgment call.

I agree but this is why it's upsetting that the Panthers are just ignoring him. Unless they've got the scoop that he's definitely going before 25, there's no excuse to not at least meet the kid before you make that call. 

Usually I hate the "not serious about winning" poo but it's hard to not feel that way when the possible answer to our prayers in a tall, speedy WR comes along and the organization seems like they don't even want to consider him.

Archived