• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston: I didn't steal the crab legs

TNPanther

But the thing is, most teens and 20 year olds are not Heisman Tropohy winners and the face of Florida State football.. If you're under the microscope like that, you have to use better judgement. 

And most teens and 20 year olds do not make their University and community millions of dollars or get in trouble for cussing.

Get over it. This story has gotten more attention than an a former NFL star being CONVICTED OF MURDER and is up for another DOUBLE MURDER.

America. Priorities. 

GET SOME.

On Outside The Lines (ESPN) they pointed out that this is a different story than the one he told Jimbo Fisher at the time he story first broke, the story which Fisher then related to reporters.

The original story was that he was used to a different type of store so he got confused and didn't realize he hadn't paid for the crab legs.

To be honest, that's a pretty farfetched story. The employee hookup sounds much more believable.

Now, it's plausible to think that the reason behind the original story could have been to keep from getting the employee in trouble. But yeah, it's also possible he's just lying and couldn't keep his story straight.

The truth? Honestly don't know.

The one thing I do know is that the kid has shown a fair share of bad judgment. What the Bucs have to decide is if it's a case of 'young and dumb' or 'just plain dumb'.

This happened to me at high school level. We walked into a store with old shoes, did the head nod and walked out with new ones. I can't imagine how many little freebies given out at the D1 level.

I'd bet on it being way more than the NCAA knows about.

Now that he has no NCAA elibility left, he comes clean

Of course.  Why would he say it during the school year on an undefeated football team?  Knowing how anal the NCAA is,  Florida state is going to lose scholarships , etc. over this hub bub.

They are going to persecute the FSU over this, even though the bowl series made an additional 200Mill on top of the bajillion dollars they normally make.  The system is fixed.

What the hell did he do with the crab legs? Take them back to his dorm room and microwave them sumbitches?

Take them sumbitches to the common kitchen. We had them in regular dorms. If not, then I am sure some girl's apartment would do. I can't tell you how many times some girls cooked dinner in the dorm for me. By junior year, I had girls cooking me meals at their place. I didn't have any crab legs, but I damn sure had shrimp, steak, grilled salmon, and curry, jerk, and beer chicken.

This was always the most plausible explanation. To me...I believe him and I think the NFL gives less that two fugs about this incident. Even less that 1 really. This story does not affect him being picked #1 at all. I could see FSU in some hot water but that is also ridiculous and I absolutely hate FSU. The kid had a hook up from a guy who worked at Publix. Next.

Archived