• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who don't you want our division rivals to draft?

Captain Morgan

1.  Bucs.....I hope they take Winston.  He doesn't strike me as an NFL QB.  He does have skills, but

his off field issues could get him in real hot water in the post Ray Rice NFL.  

I hope they don't take Dante Fowler or Leonard Williams, both of whom should be stars, and

especially since our outside pass protection is so iffy.

8.  Falcons....don't want them to get Beasley or Dupree, for the reasons listed above,  or DT  Danny Shelton, who could be the the next Sheldon Richardson.   Also hope they don't get Amari White....he's going to be step in and be good for a long time.  I hope they take Perriman, who isn't worth a top 10 pick.

13.  Taints...Randy Gregory could fall to them.  That would suck.  And I hope none of the big 3 WR's make it to them.

Not as worried about their second pick in the first, considering the drop in talent after the first 15 or so.

Don't want the Falcons or Saints to get Beasley or Fowler. I'm fine with pretty much anyone else.

For the Bucs, they are either drafting Winston or Mariota and I honestly have no idea which one will be better so I don't care much either way, but if you forced me to choose I'd rather they take Mariota.

I've seen some reports about the Taints being really high on Beasley even to the point of trading up if they think they need to.  That could either be really good or bad for them. 

I've been high on Dupree but he had games where he was pretty poor against top competition.  He knew how to take care of lesser competition vs. Mizzou for example but got worked by Humphries and company against Florida. 

The only one I don't wanna see is Gurley in Atlanta. 

TB's second pick could be an interesting one. 

I don't get the Shelton/Richardson comparison.  Richardson is a very athletic 4-3 DT best suited as a penetrating three tech in the mold of Warren Sapp.  Where as Shelton is a big, powerful nose tackle who can either play the one tech in a 4-3 or the zero tech in a 3-4.  They're just very different players.  Shelton will never be Richardson, but he could be Vince Wilfork.

Could you explain?

he played for a top school in fsu and if you watched any of the games he was always putting them in situations where they would almost lose.

he makes so many mistakes and throws alot of intos and his good running game and defense saved him alot this year , he is way over hyped because of this so called pro style offense the same style offense that christan ponder and ej manuel ran and look how they turned out . 

mariotta on the other hand is a great qb it just so happend that he played for a system in Oregon, mariotta can run and he has an accurate arm im fine with the bucs getting winston because they would be missing out on mariotta . 

he played for a top school in fsu and if you watched any of the games he was always putting them in situations where they would almost lose.

he makes so many mistakes and throws alot of intos and his good running game and defense saved him alot this year , he is way over hyped because of this so called pro style offense the same style offense that christan ponder and ej manuel ran and look how they turned out .

mariotta on the other hand is a great qb it just so happend that he played for a system in Oregon, mariotta can run and he has an accurate arm im fine with the bucs getting winston because they would be missing out on mariotta .

So what was your assessment of Jamies after his first season? And Oregon is always a top school, with little to show for it. And didn't Foles go 27 TD to 2 picks in that same system?

I don't get the Shelton/Richardson comparison.  Richardson is a very athletic 4-3 DT best suited as a penetrating three tech in the mold of Warren Sapp.  Where as Shelton is a big, powerful nose tackle who can either play the one tech in a 4-3 or the zero tech in a 3-4.  They're just very different players.  Shelton will never be Richardson, but he could be Vince Wilfork.

He has a weird problem where he abandons his gap and tries to run around guys .  He seems limited to an NT role but he doesn't seem like he wants to play like a nose at times which is odd considering his size.  He could definitely be a beast but there are some question marks with his technique.  Grasu shoved him around the entire WAS-Oregon game. 

Also, the whole gang issue with his brother being shot to death is crazy though.  Given his early college/HS problems (even though he could very well be passed them), his stock has probably been weighed heavily by his interviews. 

I could see Shelton and Malcolm Brown (don't get his hype either) going way later than many expect.   

Archived