• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Mr. Scot

I hope we wouldn't take Shane Ray.  I have a problem trusting undersized DEs ever since the Everette Brown flop.  Now, CJ is undersized at 6'2", but he has put on the weight to be a full time DE.  Dwight Freeney back in the day was great because he put on the weight.  I don't believe Shane Ray will put on the pounds and get up to 260-270+.

Like I said the only guy I would take a chance on who is undersized, would be Vic Beasley.  He has the frame to add on the weight, and his pro day has shown us he's a workout warrior.

Unknown.

I like the format of having reporters who actually cover the team making individual picks as opposed to one guy making the pick for every team, though.

David

Newton

Devin isn't a #2. What are you smoking? Not only has he taken the least amount of snaps out most of the prospects but his hands are average at best and his route tree is rudimentary. Smith is the one who screams Slot Receiver.

More productive in college than Philly, Ginn, or Hill. His hands are better than average, the only knock I see is his route running, but it's a good thing we have one of the better WR coaches in the league to fix that issue... 

More productive in college than Philly, Ginn, or Hill. His hands are better than average, the only knock I see is his route running, but it's a good thing we have one of the better WR coaches in the league to fix that issue...

His hands are average according to scouting reports, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Better? If that were the case, he would've had a larger role on offense. Smith didn't. He averaged about one snap out of three on Ohio State's drives. He's not a #2.

Exactly.

Smith was not even an every down WR in college.  He is a one trick pony that will see action as a #3 and slot WR.  No way you use a 1st round pick on that.

Better? If that were the case, he would've had a larger role on offense. Smith didn't. He averaged about one snap out of three on Ohio State's drives. He's not a #2.

I still don't get that. Urban uses at least 3 WR's at pretty much all times and I know they didn't have 3 better WR's than Smith. Michael Johnson is a stud and a probable top 15 pick next year, but other than that who was he losing snaps to?

Archived