• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

I understand the frustration. But remember that most fans of every team in the NFL want them to draft WR. They are the exotic pick that people think will just turn the whole thing around.

Thing is that Cam DOES need weapons and a lot of teams that have fans screaming for a WR already are set there. We give Cam the least amount of weapons out of all the young QBs and it is frustrating to see because it hurts him when he gets coverage sacked.

I believe him. It'd just be nice to see him put some OTs on his board for a freaking change(and trade up to get one, if need be). Maybe he can resign Byron Bell.

Most all of the good ots were gone by our pick. Dave said in one of his pressers that no ot was worth being a lt, most all rt.

So he should just reach for a player a few round earlier, that may not be any good, just because it is a need? You don't draft players in a round they are not worthy of being in. You dont pick 2nd/3rd round talents in the first.  Same goes for wr, none of the ones left were worth being picked in the 1st.

I understand the frustration. But remember that most fans of every team in the NFL want them to draft WR. They are the exotic pick that people think will just turn the whole thing around.

Plus they would have never drafted him if the front office and coaching staff didn't have confidence that he could learn the playbook and play whatever position they want him to.

Gettleman will never commit to building around Cam. It's seriously like he's trying to sabotage his career.

I love the Shaq pick, but I do truly believe that if Lael Collins would have been available that DG would have taken Collins. That's just my opinion. There is no way in hell any team is going to draft Collins today or tomorrow with a potential murder charge hanging over his head. 

I think Collins would have been the pick today if not for his circumstances. 

Gettleman will never commit to building around Cam. It's seriously like he's trying to sabotage his career.

Yea, what he should have done is take TJ Clemmings, the raw tackle who fell to the 2nd round unsurprisingly.

You guys act like DJ Humphries wasn't pretty much guaranteed if he fell to 25.  Gettleman sticks to his board.  Just so happens the best player on his board played defense because three of our top offensive options got taken (Gurley, Peat, Humphries).  Gettleman isn't going to reach for a player.

Thing is that Cam DOES need weapons and a lot of teams that have fans screaming for a WR already are set there. We give Cam the least amount of weapons out of all the young QBs and it is frustrating to see because it hurts him when he gets coverage sacked.

That may be, but of all the young QB's that you believe are surrounded with offensive talent by their teams, how many have won the SB?

I'm not saying I don't want the team to stack talent around Cam, but who is winning championships with all this stacked talent?

Archived