• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade up to 9th pick of second round - select Devin Funchess

Montsta

That Michigan QB was such ass that this tells me our scouts and DG are convinced about this guy.   Especially given we traded to #41.  Picks 25 & 41 for the guys DG clearly wanted bad.  Noice.

He ran a 4.70 at the combine. That's an error.

No it's not an error, He ran a 4.47 and 4.53 at his pro day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479103/article/devin-funchess-frank-clark-shine-at-michigans-pro-day

Devin Funchess (6-foot-4 1/4, 232 pounds) ran much better than he did at the combine, posting 40 times of 4.47 and 4.53 seconds. When asked why he ran so much better, he explained that he had been up late to do interviews at the combine and was just plain tired when he ran. Funchess also posted a 4.48 short shuttle and 6.98 3-cone drill. He had one drop in his workout, but showed he's a very good athlete and smooth in his routes. He's got a chance to be drafted in the bottom of the first round, but most likely will be a second-round pick.

Pundits are knocking his speed. Every highlight I see has him running away from someone. One has him taking a bubble screen for 20 yards.

Our biggest issue was in the red zone this year trying to score touchdowns from the 20 yard line. Having two guys that are 6 foot five, Greg Olsen, Jonathan Stewart, a couple speed guys like Ted get in and brown really helps that.

The safety is going to have to figure out he wants to double cover Olsen or match up with a 6'5 WR who is as imposing as any TE in the league.

It's clear to me that DG is adapting to the new NFL. Two of the most versatile players in the draft that allow you to get into multiple looks just by them being in the game. Absolutely love it. It's freaking football genius.

Of course he doesn't hate him. That's just stupid to say otherwise.

But I don't think he really cares about keeping him upright and giving him any real time to pass. It's becoming more and more obvious with his refusal to give him any OL help outside of signing journeymen and reclamation projects.

Yep. You're right. Obviously. /s

Both. He's saying that he talked to a lot of other professional teams who aren't high on Shaq Thompson or the pick, and that a lot of reliable scouts he talked to didn't like Funchess pre-draft.

Is basically just saying that a lot of other teams think we're having a pretty poor draft.

Ok thanks.  what did we give up for the trade?

SMH we needed speed at WR and an OT going into the draft and we draft a LB in 1st and trade our 3rd and 6th round pick along with our 2nd round pick to move up to pick a TE. SMH.

He's a WR who runs a 4.47...

I just hate the pick. We traded our fuging second, third, and sixth and passed on Strong for a worse, much worse version of KB.

Thus dude is slow, struggles to get separation (sound familiar??), and HAS A DROP PERCENTAGE OF 9 OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS.

LOL... A 9% drop rate and a 4.7 40... Ya'll can have this draft. I've never been more disgusted with our draft through two rounds. And before you say we finally got a WR... FUNCHESS is not a WR, he's a slow ass TE with unreliable hands. He gave up all those picks, after saying we won't reach for ANY player... Then you move up to trade for HIM? We need speed... And yet, gettleman exposes his size fetishist again. We just don't see football the same.

For you gettleman fanboys' enjoyment, I'm gonna refrain from posting for a few hours because I really have nothing good to say.

Archived