• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Bersin?

Hotsauce

I'm thinking:

KB

Funchess

Ginn

Cotchery

Boykin

Brown

i think that this is the WR corps heading into the season. bersin will be a numbers casualty. boykin being a legit STs guy is what will help him get a spot over bersin.

Bersin was an alright receiver but I can't see him making the team with KB, Funchess, Brown, Ginn, Cotchery, and Boykin in front of him.  Unless they consider Funchess a TE ala Jimmy Graham, Bersin won't make the final 53, it's a near certainty in the numbers game.  Rooting for my fellow Latin alum but I'd rather watch the Panthers win....

I didn't read all the thread, but as mentioned by one post I saw. He was asked to do returning, and that's not a strong part of his game. (LOL No kidding)

But, he he produced, and pretty much caught all the balls tossed his way when playing WR.

Returner? No so much. But he also didn't have very much blocking. When he DID get a chance to catch and have space, he ripped off some pretty nice returns.

Half full, half empty... it'll be a challenge. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

i love people who think he jst got in because of the  Wofford connection.

Jeremy himself mentioned how he was one of the best WRs at camp last year. He earned that spot legit.

Competition is rougher this year. One more slot is confirmed than last year (Just replace Avant with Ginn) if he improved like he did fro 13 to 14, then hey, who knows. Solid possession receiver, not at return man.

All the Bersin hate and Brown love. I don't get it.

I will admit that due to what we've brought in that it looks like Goldilocks looks to be in trouble and Philly looks like a sure thing to make the squad, but I don't see a black and white divide here as far as talent level (no pun intended).

I could also easily make the case that either one should ride the pine next year, and in the event that one should have to come play that Bersin would be a better option because he is the bigger of the two.

I just look forward to the competition and am not counting anyone out. Gman didn't get that high profile speed or YAC guy like I wanted, so now chain movers will have to do. At that, Bersin is a solid option.

I can look beyond the punt returner gaffes, yeah it sucked, but he should have never been back there in the first place.

But if he doesn't make the roster, so be it. If he does, I assume people will still blindly hate on him, that's just the huddle.

KB, Funchess, Philly, Ginn

think those 4 will definitely be on 

that leaves: Cotch, Bersin, Boykin, and Hill to compete for 1 maybe two more spots'

I think we end up keeping 6 adding: Cotch and whoever performs better out of Bersin/Boykin 

Not unrealistic to seem him on the team next year- and he's a fine player if he isn't asked to return punts- and can come in on third down situations 

Archived