• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

Won't open. Why not? Nevermind it opened. So can we bring him here then?

I'm not sure to be completely honest.  It stipulates "at campus" or "at home of" but that may just be the wording they chose to pull from the rules.  You know how reporters are...

So can we bring him here then?

I wouldn't think so, until finals are over at the earliest.  My thinking is that the league office probably told the teams to "Wait a minute here and back the fug up!"  Teams probably will respect the spirit of the rules even if there is some kind of loophole. Moreover, I am thinking that this is why his agent is now saying that Collins is not meeting with NFL teams.

I'm not sure to be completely honest. It stipulates "at campus" or "at home of" but that may just be the wording they chose to pull from the rules. You know how reporters are...

Florio is a lawyer and knows his stuff. If there was something in the CBA that showed Rex explicitly violated a rule, he would have found it and reported it. He loves the opportunity to create controversy. It appears the Bills found a loophole that exists solely because there has never been a similar situation to the one Collins has right now and may never be again. There has never been a UDFA that elicited recruiting visits from teams before. I suspect it will get changed in the future but for now I don't think Rex broke any rule despite violating the spirit of the rule.

I feel like La'el was like "free dinner? alright" knowing that he'd never play for Buffalo... poor Rex. 

Actually I was thinking that about a lot of his visits.  

I tell you, if this kid is actually innocent, then his agent is smart as fug.  I can just hear him saying:

"We gonna play these fools like a Stradivarius, kid.  You go on the world tour and be treated like the MVP. Just don't say anything crazy and get your head all turned around by the steak and lobster and such.  It's all an act, kid.  Have your fun, and then go on to Charlotte and beat out the movie star..."

:lol:

Well, it's not really stopping the Phins from going about business

Three former LSU players now with the Dolphins went to Baton Rouge on Tuesday to court Collins, a person familiar with the situation said. The person said the players went on their own, and no Dolphins official made the trip.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/national/football/collins-agent-says-his-client-is-not-meeting-with-nfl/article_7c83c087-7850-5d11-91ed-1d1574c90a72.html

Archived