• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins signs with Cowboys

SCP

Dallas has a 36-year-old QB with a broken body and propensity to collapse in big games.

Dallas has a terrible defense. Absolutely atrocious. Garbage.

Dallas is one of the oldest teams in the league and 3 of their most talented and important players (Bryant, Hardy, Gregory) suffer from mental illness and are never gonna be reliable.

Dallas lost their best player to free agency and replaced him with a injury prone RB that was a bust in Oakland.

Dallas spent all their high picks on OL for years. In another year or two they'll either have to let those guys walk in FA or spend the majority of their cap on OL.

Dallas has only won 2 wild card playoff games since '96. That's it. They haven't played in a conference championship game in 20 years.

Dallas has a egotistical maniac for an owner. He is the GM, President, Public Relations Officer - everything. Jerry Jones is a moron and runs a circus.

LoL @ the mass number of idiots praising Dallas in this thread. Then again, it's the same idiots that bashed Hurney for drafting Kuechly and bashed Gettleman for cutting Smith.

I can't believe people are actually saying Dallas is a contender and favorite in the NFC. They played a weak schedule last year and beat up on crap teams. They folded like a wet paper towel against GB. They are going nowhere until they get a new QB and field a competent defense.

Not all high picks. Morris Claiborne.

If they can't look at each situation on an individual level, then they are making a mistake. It's like avoiding Agholor because Dwayne Jarrett sucked. They should put 100% effort into making this team better. Writing off an individual because of some kind of perceived precedent is careless. It's like saying ALL cops are racist because of a handful of bad individuals.

If this team is judging players based on the merits of what Greg Hardy or Rae carruth or whomever did what, then this team isn't the moral upstanding organization it wants to people to think it is.

You both took this to a different place.  I said if he did not feel comfortable with a player.........  Not just this guy but anyone.  Some teams do not care (Raiders, Cowboys).  The Panthers do and are not going to take a big risk on someone who has some concerns and is at a higher risk of being suspended, etc...and hurting the team.  Everyone is a risk...this team has chosen to have character important.  Makes for a better locker room, more team unity, etc.

This is not to say that Collins is not a high character guy.  Just saying it is possible there are things we do not know about.  And, it may have just been a pure football decision.   I am still going to trust Gettleman as he builds this team.  He sounds like he outworks everyone and watches probably more film than anyone. He has a plan and I think he is improving this team.  I consider him better qualified than anyone here to evaluate players and whether they will help this team.

One moment here Gman is a genius and the next minute.........

We got Oher who will be better than Collins this year. I will go with the veteran over fringe LT who likely belongs at RT. I have a good feeling about Oher. He has a lot to prove and if our coaches and front office believed enough in him to sign him then I do.

Archived