• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey 2014 highlights

Came across something that I hadn't seen before on Youtube (shocker):

https://youtu.be/7KidCI86FkY

That's an awful lot of versatility, speed and seperation shown by an "undersized" UDFA rookie. Comments on the video are a bit over the top but it definitely shows how valuable a reciever like Brown can be.

Feel he's got a good relationship with KB and Cam going too so its going to take something special this camp to make him drop off the depth chart.

Corey Brown's only issue to me is his size, physical size that is. He just needs to add 10+ pounds and he'd be fine. I'm really interested to see what he looks like coming in from an offseason training regiment with the NFL and see if he comes in a bit bulked up.

There was a tweet posted on the huddle about a month ago stating he was 200 lbs but I don't if that was muscle or fat.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

There was a tweet posted on the huddle about a month ago stating he was 200 lbs but I don't if that was muscle or fat.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Hope and think it's muscle.  I think the fact that he's not being considered to return punts/kicks means that he's less worried about speed and more worried about playing receiver is probably why he added bulk.

I think Corey is going to be a solid cog in this offense for years to come. he'll never be the #1 or #2, but i think he could be the solid #3 guy. 

imagine if our top four recievers looked like this in two years: Funchess, Benjamin, Brown, Byrd. with Olsen as the TE and CAP in the backfield. 

ER. MA. GERD.

He's a solid receiver.  These may not be "highlights" but they do highlight the fact that he does well adjusting to the ball, hauling in contested balls, getting separation down field(he had to slow down for the ball after blowing past the defender initially), and making plays in open space.  Makes me wonder why so many people just brush him off as a scrub, that couldn't make any other team.

I think Brown will make a good slot receiver. Not sure if he starts over Ginn or not tho. I think they may split time there. People forget how important Ginn's presence was for us the year before, just like they do with Brown. Agree Brown needs more durability tho. (Muscle)

I really like philly, he just needs to work on not falling immediately after the catch... that nullifies his best asset which is his speed/quickness

That's cos he's body catching all those balls, most of his catches in that video are. That'll be the only thing affecting his making the team. If we have someone with quickness and catching with their hands, I should think it'll be an upgrade.

in the games I attended and he was active- it looked like he would get separation quite often but the balls where underthrown slightly. with more reps with Cam and build up some muscle, he'll be a good option in the speed packages. At the very least other Ds will have to put their fast guy on him or Teddy...

I really think we going to have a solid passing game as last years rookies get another year of experience and the new ones get coached up...our scoring average will go up this year ( can't get lower) and our D should lower points against...  

Archived