• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alarming stats of QB performance after signing their mega deals.

​I don't understand why everyone looks at this contract thing in a vacuum and see that we're a rather unique case.

Our cap has been fuged from the very start.  We've never had any cap flexibility whatsoever since we've drafted Cam.  He might as well have signed a $100+ million deal as a rookie, because it'd have been about the same.  We were in pretty bad cap hell with all those Hurney contracts.

Now that we're getting money, we're putting it in Cam and a few other draft picks and we'll still be virtually the same team we have been the last few years.  Lol some people are expecting us to absolutely fall apart now, and it makes no sense if you actually analyze the situation.

The people you're talking about can't be bothered to actually do that kind of work.

I just don't believe there is a connection, and if there is it is a loose one. It's like throwing poo against the wall and trying to make it stick. There are just too many other variables and dynamics in play with every QB, and every team, to try and make a decrease or an increase in efficiency about a contract. Sorry, PU, that's just the way I see it. Your hypothesis is a stretch.

Archived