• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Offensive Line Photos From Monday

Jeremy Igo

Pic #6 can be good form/bad form side by side. Silatolu has his hands a little lower and more in the center. Chandler's are higher and more outside. Silatolu has good position to counter a spin, swim , or bullrush move. Chandler is very vulnerable to a spin move with his hands there.

​They both suck and need to be gone.

I actually think Williams could use a bit more knee bend in a couple shots.  But if this stout kid throws people around with less than the best technique, just think what is possible once he gets coached up.

Also, props for the Oline pics to the OP.  I could sit and watch these guys (once training camp is here and they are in pads) for the entire practice.

In the pictures of Williams, I hope they were working on run blocking drills.  His weight is too far over his feet and his arms are not extended.

Ask SCP about this, but it looks (from the still photos) as if he MIGHT be taking too long of a stride from his stance. 

Personally I hope to see Remmers keep the RT job however if Williams becomes the starter I will probably be just as happy. I just think Remmers played extraordinary well at the end of last season and I think we may have something with him.

Agreed. There is no reason to hurry a 4th round pick in to the starting lineup. Newer doesn't mean better....but it could.

I could honestly see a time-share thing like last year to start the season that involved Trai Turner and Fernando Velasco at Guard. Trai only had 2 years experience playing at LSU, so he and Velasco shared snaps until Trai could take over full time in week 5 (and promptly hurt his knee and sat out for 3 weeks).

Depending on how well Williams does in camp, another time-share early could happen, especially since we have our bye in week 5.

Archived