• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets select Frank Kaminsky

Jeremy Igo

Didn't this cartoon character make fun of Bobcats fans or something last year?  Something about how fans don't go to the games or whatever?  Also, didn't his camp not want him to come here as well?  Jordan was in love with this guy so we picked him.  Players Jordan was in love with: Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, DJ Augustin, Cody Zeller, Noah Vonleh (the verdict is still out on him) and now Frank.  Maybe I am missing someone but you get the idea.  I never poo on picks, but this pick made me question this franchise.  Maybe Frank will be ok, hell maybe he will be great...but you are going to pass up Justice and Booker?  I hope Frank proves me wrong and I hope when I look at him, one day, I wont think he looks like a Rasinette.

Didn't this cartoon character make fun of Bobcats fans or something last year?  Something about how fans don't go to the games or whatever?  Also, didn't his camp not want him to come here as well?  Jordan was in love with this guy so we picked him.  Players Jordan was in love with: Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, DJ Augustin, Cody Zeller, Noah Vonleh (the verdict is still out on him) and now Frank.  Maybe I am missing someone but you get the idea.  I never poo on picks, but this pick made me question this franchise.  Maybe Frank will be ok, hell maybe he will be great...but you are going to pass up Justice and Booker?  I hope Frank proves me wrong and I hope when I look at him, one day, I wont think he looks like a Rasinette.

It's well known by now that this was a Jordan move, but he's not responsible for the selections of all the players. 

Augustin - the story goes that we had Brook Lopez on the phone, but Larry Brown pitched a fit about needing a new point guard, so Augustin became the pick.

Biyombo - Cho was so enamored with this guy he traded up to take him.

Zeller - So began Cho's love of Big Ten bigs

Vonleh - see Zeller

The franchise's futility in the draft owes as much to Jordan as it does to the folks he hired.

Look at JR's record before and after he hired Gettleman.

Man this dude can put it on the deck and get to the basket, so impressive. Really hope his scoring abilities close to the basket translate well to the NBA. Also for reminders he lit up KAT and Okafor in the tournament this year. He was unstoppable in college.

dont hate Frank at all. Just hate that we took him over Winslow

Man this dude can put it on the deck and get to the basket, so impressive. Really hope his scoring abilities close to the basket translate well to the NBA. Also for reminders he lit up KAT and Okafor in the tournament this year. He was unstoppable in college.

dont hate Frank at all. Just hate that we took him over Winslow

This is how I feel about the pick. And I guess it was Frank's reps that didn't want him here, he seemed pretty happy to me.

This seems to be the least favorite pick Panthers or Hornets in quite some time in this joint.  Watch him somehow turn out to be solid for us haha.  He'll be the goofiest damn stretch-4 in the game.  

I still do not like it or see how Clifford is going to use the pieces we have.  Also, we know how he doesn't use rookise off the bat so are we starting Cody or gonna keep trying with Marvin at PF?  And there's no way we'll trot out Frank and Hawes on the court at the same time, right?  

We may not even have a 4 averaging over 30 min next year.  And our second team is scary at the moment.  We have limited space but really need to find something better than Roberts to lead the second team.    

This seems to be the least favorite pick Panthers or Hornets in quite some time in this joint.  Watch him somehow turn out to be solid for us haha.  He'll be the goofiest damn stretch-4 in the game.  

I still do not like it or see how Clifford is going to use the pieces we have.  Also, we know how he doesn't use rookie off the bat so are we starting Cody or keep trying with Marvin at PF?  And there's no way we'll trot out Frank and Hawes on the court at the same time, right?  

We may not even have a 4 averaging over 30 min next year.  And our second team is scary at the moment.  We have limited space but really need to find something better than Roberts to lead the second team.    

1) no one is goofier than Cody. Kaminsky's a much, much more fluid player offensively and he creates spacing where Cody does not. Cody, however, could be a 5 in the future because he can defend a bit better.

2) May as well consider Marvin gone after this year, and Hawes could be gone too. I wouldn't mind Al being let go to keep Hawes. Then, you have Hawes mentoring Kaminsky until Hawes is let go as a trade piece. Suddenly, Cody, Frank and potentially Biz are your big men. That's a solid big-man rotation. One can't shoot a lick but can defend, one can't hardly stand up on offense but can defend a bit, and one is a scorer who really creates on offense but needs a defender beside him. That's a fine combo. If Batum does well and they keep him long-term, suddenly there shouldn't be such a need for rim protectors if MKG and Batum are out there and MKG can defend 4s. That renders Frank as a far more important offensive piece, which plays in Frank's favor.

Archived