• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 on 2 - Ealy and Alexander vs Amini and Chandler

Jeremy Igo

I think Chandler went back to thinking he was a damn defensive lineman again with the way he charged at Frank... the fug

Please God don't let this dude see any significant time this year.  People give Oher crap, but having Chandler at LT would be absolutely terrible.

From the short clip it didnt look like Amini would have been called for holding unless it was the very end of the play.  He was grabbing jersey but had his arms inside the shoulders and when they turned he was still engaged legally.  Then again you can call holding on virtually every play in the NFL.  It is how obvious the hold is, and whether it impacted the play on the field from what I have observed.

How have we managed to accumulate guys over the last 3-4 years who literally would have no shot at starting on any other offensive line in the league?  Don't forget the 3rd rounder we burned on Kugbila.  Hell, he couldn't even make it on THIS roster.  OL is still a huge concern for me.  Maybe not so much from a starting 5 perspective (for once), but good lord the guys backing them up are truly pathetic.

For you new Panther fans just wait until you see Chandler out there if we have o-line injuries. He's a damn nightmare compared to Bell and Amini. Chandler will fall down and let the defender dive right for Cam's knees. You won't believe what you're seeing. One reporter described his blocking on a particularly bad play as watching someone "turn into ash" on contact. 

How have we managed to accumulate guys over the last 3-4 years who literally would have no shot at starting on any other offensive line in the league?  Don't forget the 3rd rounder we burned on Kugbila.  Hell, he couldn't even make it on THIS roster.  OL is still a huge concern for me.  Maybe not so much from a starting 5 perspective (for once), but good lord the guys backing them up are truly pathetic.

Kugbila was a 4th rounder, and injuries never gave him a chance to show he belonged.  I'm not sure if he even participated in one complete practice. 

In their defense, most teams lack quality depth like you're talking about.  Amini, Chandler, and Scott are all backups (and fine in that role because they all can play multiple positions, be it average, to below average).  The biggest glaring hole is obviously LT where Oher should probably be a backup but at this moment, we don't have a choice.  Personally, I'd like to see Anthony Collins brought in, I think he can be decent when flanked by other good pieces (hence why he did well in Cinci but was awful in an dumpster fire of a situation last year in Tampa).

Archived