• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those 5 Things ...

Jeremy Igo

Can't remember the last time there were so many intriguing storylines entering the stretch run for roster positions,  cuts and practice squad designations. We have major decisions to make at RB, WR, FB and DE along with some promising UDFA's. The fact that these battles are involving quality players instead of the lesser of two evils is a welcome change. The Dolphin practice sessions and game couldn't come at a better timeand will provide lots to check out this week culminating in the home opener. Good times 

• Pie 3

Every banner year we've had we looked good in presaason and the team was excited. Hope that changes. 

Don't understand your comment?  You hope what changes?  You don't think we looked good or you think that the team is not excited?  That one of those things needs to change?

I think it's too early to say whether we "looked good" overall.  Last night was mixed.  Some things (Oline!!!) quite encouraging.  Other things frustrating.  Preseason game 1.  Normal.

As to "every banner year we looked good in preseason" - not necessarily according to Bill Voth's stats.  Several of our banner years we had mixed preseason (2 - 2).  Data below are for all our playoff seasons.

http://blackandbluereview.com/numbers-and-notes-panthers-vs-bills-preseason-opener/

• 1996    2-2
  • 2003   4-0
  • 2005   2-2
  • 2008   2-2
  • 2013   3-1
  • 2014   2-2

In two seasons we went 4 - 0 in preseason but did NOT have a "banner year." (2004 & 2006)

So, hard to place too much significance on pre-season stats.  The only fact that came out of Voth's analysis was that we've never made it to the playoffs if we've gone less than .500 in the pre-season.

• Pie 2

@Jeremy Igo,  first of all,  you could be right,  but I believe that it's a little premature to relegate CAP to 3.5-4 YPC average (which to me is flirting with JAG status,  especially near the low end). We are going to have to see him run with the big dogs.  He certainly hits the whole hard and accelerates at the point of contact nicely,  provided he has a little wiggle room.

• Pie 2

@Jeremy Igo,  first of all,  you could be right,  but I believe that it's a little premature to relegate CAP to 3.5-4 YPC average (which to me is flirting with JAG status,  especially near the low end). We are going to have to see him run with the big dogs.  He certainly hits the whole hard and accelerates at the point of contact nicely,  provided he has a little wiggle room.

Sure it is premature, just being optimistic.

CAP has the style that is super productive in the NFL, especially behind guys like Norwell and Turner.  Be patient, take what they give you, and make a quick burst at just the right time. This is so much better than dancing around and waiting for a bigger hole to pop open(and never does). 

• Pie 4

Sure it is premature, just being optimistic.

CAP has the style that is super productive in the NFL, especially behind guys like Norwell and Turner.  Be patient, take what they give you, and make a quick burst at just the right time. This is so much better than dancing around and waiting for a bigger hole to pop open(and never does). 

Nah,  man, I'm with you.  I just would've felt a whole lot better if you had said 4-4.5. 

I liked what I saw from D Williams.  He was very good in pass protections and once he got his hands on someone, he owned them.

Very excited to see how he progresses.  He did play high on a couple plays, but still dominated his man.  For a rookie, don't think you could have asked a lot more.  Not perfect, but better than advertised going into the draft for sure

• Pie 2