• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bortles better than Cam

Jackofalltrades

So I went to a Jags board to see what they were saying and engage in friendly banter about the upcoming game, something I do frequently. There was another Panther fan there, from the Huddle I assume, who had already exchanged some...ideas about the Panthers.

So the conversation turns to Cam and that's when I got a good chuckle that I had to share. I don't expect Jax fans, all 6 of them, to know or care much about our team or QB, but damn...

I'm just glad Cam Newton isn't my QB.  He's the Jay Cutler of the South...  The guy's a loser that will never take a team to the superbowl.  That's just the fact.  And let's face it, the Panthers don't seem to be acquiring the talent around that QB to make them a consistent playoff team, much less make a deep playoff run...

BB5, well, there appears to be some hope of that with him we'll be playoff and SB contenders.  After 4 years of Cam in Carolina, I don't think anyone is worried about that franchise.  Though Mike Greenberg really finds Cam to be a handsome man, so you got that going for you guys.  LOL.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=13053&&page=6 

There's a little more, but you get the jist. I'm all for confidence and that's about all they have in Jax, but I just found this A. hysterical and B. typical of fans from other teams.

even if they beat us in week 1 all that optimism is on a collision course with the brick wall that is reality

they still share a division with the colts and a conference with a bunch of better teams.  they're an incredibly long shot for the playoffs let alone fuging super bowl contenders.  what is in the water there i mean damn.

Jay Cutler of the south, I like the comparison. He gets a lot of undue respect even though he's been an 80s passer rating guy. Great for 20+ years ago, middle tier right now. He's got great athletic talent and a big arm, but he's looking more and more like a guy that will never progress past what he currently is as a passer

That's how I see it too.  Jay Cutler got alot of love for his Arm and the talent he has.  Cam is the same way, with the addition of being so handsome that some of the ESPN zombies are enamored with him.  

That's all well and good, but a championship it does not earn your city.   :thumbsup:[/quote]

Archived