• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about our Offense so far

Snake

We are going to win some games with the current formula,  but we haven't been pushed yet.  We dominated both the Texans and the Jags,  even if the final scores did not reflect that.  Against teams with superior talent,  we are going to have to step up.  Our lack of a consistent and legitimate wide receiver is causing everyone else to work harder.  This probably won't cut it in the postseason.  

We should be good be good enough to make it to the playoffs though,  especially considering our suspect division rivals. 

most of olsen's catches came on quick out routes that negated the safety in coverage. teams will learn they can't stop it as well as they want and go back to more standard looks.

i expect a few cheating safeties against the saints but nothing like we've seen so far this season, and we should have a pretty good day on the ground as a result.

But the Saints play with 11 safeties, how will Olsen fair then?!?!

I've been disappointed in our run blocking. I get that the box may be stacked but it doesn't even look like we are getting much push up front, so I feel like the stacked box isn't the problem. We've been told that we have maulers for guards and the best center in the game, and remmers is suppose to be pretty good but continually it hasn't really looked all that impressive in terms of getting push. There have been spots but not consistency. Only two games though, so given some time it could certainly improve. Though it should for sure look better come this Sunday. It better.

Been pretty happy about pass protection. Oher could be better, but it has been as good as it has in years so I'll take it.

PPL cry sometimes why do we have to depend on Cams legs, well folks we paid the man 100 million and it isn't because he has the arm of Aaron Rodgers. Cam can for sure throw, but key third down pick ups with his legs are why we really need him.

If WR's will catch a lil more, that would do a lot for our team also.

I think the run game (outside of Cam) will work itself out. Houston and Jax both have very solid defenses. Houston arguably one of the best run-defending teams in the league. Honestly not nearly as worried about this offense as I was before the season. We put up 3 TDs on Houston's probably top 10 defense, and should've had another field goal and TD making it 34 total. Against Jax we only put up 13 I think but we had dropped TD passes that should've made it more and 2 missed FGs. The offense has some kinks to work out but I'm pretty excited about it. Especially when Funchess starts getting up to speed and Ginn and Philly get more into rhythm. Pass protection is pretty amazing compared to last year. Run blocking a little disappointing but I think they'll get it together. 

The return of Darryl Williams will help the run game alot. 

The whole premise by the OP was totally incorrect.  First of all no team has shut down our run game. We are averaging 138 yards a game with a 4.1 yards per carry.  And yes Cam counts.

Secondly, we ran most time when we needed to including a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter against Jacksonville.

This despite teams loading the box and Houston routinely bringing 5 guys on every play and many times 6 or more.

More accurate would be to say that both defenses we have played have run blitzed early and often and we have been relatively successful despite that.  The passing game has not been great but the biggest problems have been by poor execution.  When we actually caught the ball and held on we have looked pretty good.  So will we see teams blitz us often and try to stop the run game?  LIkely because we will be doing the exact same thing to thing particularly this week with Brees having a gimpy arm.  They will be relying heavily on their run game and we have to shut them down.

First team O did nothing this preseason in regards to showing we could run traditionally...and they still aren't.  Not a RB issue.  

OL needs to learn to run block better.   Shula also is pretty bland so it doesn't help that defenses no when and where it is going 

First team O did nothing this preseason in regards to showing we could run traditionally...and they still aren't.  Not a RB issue.  

OL needs to learn to run block better.   Shula also is pretty bland so it doesn't help that defenses no when and where it is going 

It will get better but its hard to run when the opposing team is stacking the box with 7 or 8 players 

P.S. J-Stew averaged around 3.6 yards not to shabby against  a good defense.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092000/2015/REG2/texans@panthers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000534064&tab=analyze

Run game always starts slow here in Carolina. Despite all the expert opinions here, Shula called his best game last week and Cam carried the team like he's done his whole career. I'm pretty confident Stewart and the run game gets going in the next few weeks, and this week is a good opportunity to do it.

Archived