• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Trip To Carolina (With Pics)

Lilsmitty09

In about 10 hours I will be jumping on a plane and will fly back to Seattle where the Panthers are 2-0 and the Seahawks are 0-2 (in other words will see a lot less "12s" until next Sunday when they beat Chicago with pickles at QB). Again, I grew up in Washington state, have lived their my whole life and am currently finishing up college there. Most of you know this, but some may not so I am setting the scene for you. In 2013 I saved up some money and flew out to Charlotte for the first time in my life for the Rams game. During that trip I got Steve Smith, Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Greg Olsen, and many others' autographs. I also tried a beautiful thing called Bojangles and Cookout, saw a beautiful city and witnessed a great Panther game - including a pick 6 on the very first play which then proceeded into a great show by 89 and those Panthers. It was the definition of a PERFECT trip. I didn't know when I would come back, and didn't know if I could top it....but I somehow did it again.

This trip I decided to bring my girl with me and show her the beautiful Charlotte area. Last year we went to the Vikings game which ended up being a god awful decision, and I promised her at the end of it - we will never go to a game that cold (-20 W/ wind chill) again. As most of you know, this weekend was the complete opposite. I also wanted her to see what the South was like, because in a quick couple of years I will hopefully be heading up here permanently.

So here's how it went...with pictures.

After an entire day of flying thousands of miles from the Northwest of the United States to East "Coast", Charlotte treated us with a beautiful view...

20150916_173051_zpszp49jp2q.jpg
20150916_194631_zpsnwoprxqa.jpg

We held off as much as we could from buying airport food, or in other words, paying 15 dollars for a sandwich that cost no more than 2 dollars to make, so we made a quick pit stop at a familiar place...

Snapchat-4270131847097206624_zpsbf0ovlxo

There is no Chic-Fil-A, Bojangles, Popeyes, etc out in Washington...KFC is the closest thing to it. Don't ever move out here if you're like me and love food. Don't even get me started about the BBQ.

The following day we decided to walk around Charlotte's city center and the stadium, of course. Seeing things like Sam Mills' statue...

FB_IMG_1442888020629_zpsexzvznbl.jpg

The big ol' Panther statue...

20150917_151402_zpsbg3pfegg.jpg

And even found a way to get into the Panthers stadium and snap a pic...

8669_zpshqaqhcnx.jpeg

Of course this couldn't be completed without a trip to the team store, where I spent more money than I should've and rather quickly...but with socks like these, can you blame me?
20150917_144007_zpsrw58jahl.jpg

The following day we had the stadium tour, which was only 5 dollars per person. You learn some interesting facts but the best part about it is being on the field and just taking in the views from the Panthers stadium. I didn't take many pictures for whatever the reason was, but did snap this one of the Panthers logo half-painted on the field. I REALLY like or black...without it we would have one strange logo...
20150918_123700_zps8kfgddo9.jpg

We also ended up swinging by the Hornets arena and shop. It's great to see such excitment with the hornets back. Last time I was here in 2013 I went to a preseason Bobcats game and there wasn't a lot of "hype" around the stadium. This year I saw a lot of "Hype" just out front of the stadium and in the store. It's like a whole new team...

20150917_161205_zpsa2a2w2wj.jpg

We then rented a car and drove to the South Park Mall, Lake Norman, Davidson and Concord Mills. Saw a lot of beautiful places and homes, making me realize how beautiful Charlotte really is and NC. I must say however the drivers here are very aggressive. Blinkers are never used and granted yes I was driving maybe 5 under if not at the speed limit, I did get honked and and literally had a large dark colored woman zoom by me and pass me while sticking half of her body out of the window and flipping me off. That was fun to see.

Speaking of large, I will probably get that way if I move here with food like this...
20150918_152304_zpsqduxsvjy.jpg

The following day we got up early and traveled down to South Carolina just to explore some more...

We saw the Gamecocks campus and stadium...
20150919_105244_zpsmpab0rwz.jpg

Visited Charleston which is a beautiful place....

20150919_165614_zps3eehaghq.jpg

And even saw this...thing....at the South Carolina Aquarium, which is a pretty cool place...

20150919_140711_zpsr8cgppdi.jpg

Then GAMEDAY came...the excitement built up like crazy, and the wait was long...but well worth it...

Seeing Panther fans gathered around me made me feel like I died from all of that Bojangles and Cookout grease and was in heaven...

Seeing all the tailgating, including the Roaring Riots which was awesome. If you aren't a member you are truly missing out. They are a great group and deserve so much credit for the hard work and great times they produce for us fans and the Panthers...

20150920_102339_zpsb3lvge27.jpg

Lots of sight to see and things to do during pre-game, but when you're having fun - time flies and before we knew it we were in our seats and ready for the game...

20150920_125738_zpsgtwxgfw7.jpg

The players coming out of the tunnel was amazing. I was so hot and sweating like crazy throughout the entire day, but I felt literally the chills running through my body because I was so pumped up. I know lots of you love my videos and say I should be making them for Panthers, but whoever is making them now is doing a great job. The pregame intro was SICK leading up to this:

I saw a post from a huddler who said that our fanbase was sad this game because of "empty seats" and not a lot of cheering. Whoever made that post clearly was not at the game or was just having a bad day because the Bank was rocking and only the silver seats were empty because of the heat. The Keep Pounding chant was awesome and shook the stadium, along with Cam getting us all fired up with his flips and celebrations - including pumping up the defense.

Just like that, the game ended. Because as I said before time flies when you're having fun. 2-0 for BOA games for me, and just like the Panthers this season. I love this team, and I love this organization and it's fans. I also found out why the Panthers wear white so often at home early in the year. WOW.

FB_IMG_1442793579264_zpsiwfvuf3c.jpg

And then today, on my final day, I took in the city one last time, took in the beauty, and saw the Panthers one more time...

image1_zpsjppzxyx9.jpeg
IMG_4218_zpsq9ato9ku.jpg

IMG_4220_zpss3slhrdh.jpg
And towards the end of it all, won a raffle with a Ryan Kalil signed mini helmet...
20150921_184905_zpsitnlnmgp.jpg

If this was TL:DR I get it, but I just want all of you to know that I envy those who live in this beautiful place. I cannot wait until college is done and I move out here. The city, the nature, the people - it's all beautiful. Southern hospitality is real, people down here seem more happy, and this place is amazing. Every night there was a beautiful sunset, every morning a beautiful sunrise. Where I come from it is grey 90 percent of the time. The food is half as good if that, and the a lot of people hardly understand what "hospitality" is.

Until next time, Carolina. #KeepPounding
20150921_174426_zps1an96wha.jpg

How'd you get to meet the coach and some players? Seems like an experience that my son would absolutely love

My only question is how did you get the opportunity to meet Ronnie and roman?

3rd this.

Still waiting to finally go to a Panthers game at BoA. Been to the stadium over the summer and training camp but still never to a game. Just have never had a chance to get out there during the season since I haven't lived anywhere near there in so long. Saving up right now to try and fly out for a playoff game when we make it for that to be my first, but it depends on the scheduling come then. If the Colts game were on a Sunday night instead of Monday that would be my first but I can't get down there on a fuging Monday. Could theoretically get to one of the 1:00pm home games but would have to then get a flight back that night and it would just be too condensed for me. Living in Philly sucks. Better than Boston at least where I had to put up with the douchiest people on Earth for years. Only a matter of time before I'm at every single home game every year and many divisional away games.

Archived