• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

How can you not care for him as a person? He's a little ostentatious but he's a great guy and great teammate. Love the work he does for Vets.

more the stupid Jack in the box thing when he was in Minnesota killing our qbs. I guess more his on the field persona not so much him. Poorly worded I suppose

Exactly what I was thinking.  He had decent DT's in Minn. when he was going off in the last 4 seasons he was with the Vikings, I'd feel that Star and Short are just as good, if not better then what he had in Minn.  

the Williams wall was better than "decent" if I remember correctly.  But yes.  Star and KK should be a pair of great DTs to pair him with.

Everyone upset that we didn't do this for our WRs has to remember KB is still on the team. You add him plus next years draft and our WR core looks dominate. We just don't need to add a body for just one year when the guys we do have arnt doing too bad. If our WR started to crash and burn and we were 0-3 then yes they would have to make a move. But as it stands pass rush was glaring weakness that they shored up. Good move by GMan

I still think it's the right move to trade for Alshon if we can get him for a 2nd and agree to a reasonable extension. It's not like we are so overloaded at WR that we wouldn't have room once KB returns.

KB and Jeffery would be 1A and 1B on the outside. Let Funchess play the slot (assuming he even works out) as he's basically a hybrid WR/TE anyway. The rest of our guys can compete for those #4 and #5 spots.

Everyone upset that we didn't do this for our WRs has to remember KB is still on the team. You add him plus next years draft and our WR core looks dominate. We just don't need to add a body for just one year when the guys we do have arnt doing too bad. If our WR started to crash and burn and we were 0-3 then yes they would have to make a move. But as it stands pass rush was glaring weakness that they shored up. Good move by GMan

Smitty has said this is his last year.

Get it done!

lol LOVE the move.  He may not be what he once was, but I'll be damned if he won't bring some attitude back to our line that's been missing since after week 1 of last year.

Correct me if my memory is wrong here, but wasn't JA always strong against the run?

Yeah, I know he was a good pass rusher too, but his days of 22 sacks per year are long gone.  So if he can bring a decent (yet now-diminished) pass-rush presence and good run defense?  Sign me up for a 6th round pick.

Archived