• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

You have to have one for someone to make it for you.

Discussion about 'available' guys means free agents, unless you wanna unrealistically claim every player in the league is 'available' via trade just so you can sound marginally right (which would be a new thing for you).

This comes across as a enormous last ditch straw grab that not a single soul here is gullible enough to buy into. 

Everybody here has engaged in the discussion at some point in the last six months and trade targets have been a significant, if not the preeminent at points, aspect of that discussion.

Again, if trades in the league are so unknown to you that they blindside you when they happen, that's fine, we get that your mindset is stuck in decades gone by, but do everybody else a courtesy and assume everybody else posts with that same archaic mindset. Youre embarrassing yourself. It's the equivalent of a color blind man yelling at others that the sky is not blue nor the grass green.

edit: oh look, here's a thread from this month alone dedicated to discussing trade options. Am i imaginingthis scot?

I still think it's the right move to trade for Alshon if we can get him for a 2nd and agree to a reasonable extension. It's not like we are so overloaded at WR that we wouldn't have room once KB returns.

KB and Jeffery would be 1A and 1B on the outside. Let Funchess play the slot (assuming he even works out) as he's basically a hybrid WR/TE anyway. The rest of our guys can compete for those #4 and #5 spots.

I have a feeling they'll extend him this year. If not they're retarded to trade him or let him go

Everyone upset that we didn't do this for our WRs has to remember KB is still on the team. You add him plus next years draft and our WR core looks dominate. We just don't need to add a body for just one year when the guys we do have arnt doing too bad. If our WR started to crash and burn and we were 0-3 then yes they would have to make a move. But as it stands pass rush was glaring weakness that they shored up. Good move by GMan

Correct.

I have a feeling they'll extend him this year. If not they're retarded to trade him or let him go

They already tried to work out an extension with him and he didn't go for it. I can't imagine he'd change his mind after this year when the Bears are probably the worst team in the league and he has to work with amazing duo of Jimmy Clausen and John Fox.

This comes across as a enormous last ditch straw grab that not a single soul here is gullible enough to buy into. 

Everybody here has engaged in the discussion at some point in the last six months and trade targets have been a significant, if not the preeminent at points, aspect of that discussion.

Again, if trades in the league are so unknown to you that they blindside you when they happen, that's fine, we get that your mindset is stuck in decades gone by, but do everybody else a courtesy and assume everybody else posts with that same archaic mindset. Youre embarrassing yourself. It's the equivalent of a color blind man yelling at others that the sky is not blue nor the grass green.

edit: oh look, here's a thread from this month alone dedicated to discussing trade options. Am i imaging this scot?

Nope, but you're imagining the part where we're talking about the same position.

Trading for a permanent starter didn't make sense given that Benjamin would be back next season. The situation at DE is far different. Thus, the trade makes more sense.

I realize you dont have the ccapacity to get the subtleties, but hey...

Archived