• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colts GM Claim Luck Rib 'Injury Report Inaccurate' Per ESPN

FootballMaestro

Yes, Huddler's the saga of the Indianapolis Colts, Andrew Luck and Rib-Gate continues before tonight's game.

Colts GM, Grigson say it's untrue. According to ESPN's Kevin Seifert:

Ryan Grigson said Sunday that "our injury reports are accurate" a few hours after a media report that quarterback Andrew Luck fractured multiple ribs earlier this season.

"If people have any questions about player injuries," Grigson continued in a statement, "they should refer to our injury reports."

This is too funny when you think about it guys.

ESPN's Adam Schefter had previously reported the Rib Injury had largely healed.

Chuck Pagano, say's Luck's healthy.

And Luck himself says, he was advised not to talk to the media, but adds "I have no restrictions or limitations," he said.

Those three by notes by Schefter, Pagano and Luck are mentioned in the article, so I quoted/highlighted them here. Ironically, they all contradict the Glazer/Fox Report which has been bandied about so much.

Hmmmh. So it seems the Colts either said: "Oh shoot! If we say this, now the NFL can come after us for hiding injuries"!?

Or "Oh shoot. We lied. Knew Luck wasn't injured (or healed), and the NFL can still come after us for hiding injuries"!? "Oh No. We stupid"!

Lastly: Maybe it's truly old news as Schefter mentioned, and Ole Boy Glazer's  trying to be a Luck defender/opportunist!?? I dunno.

Wonder if the rest of the media will mention this before tonight's game???? Or only the "injured ribs" portion (no pun) is worthy of much media speculation and reporting? You know. Reinforcing the notion (by some) that Luck couldn't possibly play this bad if healthy??

You can't make this up. Panther fans be glad you got Gettleman for a GM. SMH

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14026649/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-playing-multiple-fractured-ribs

Just now, motocross_cat said:

I mean, why lie? 

I guess maybe if you were playing a team like, say, New Orleans... you may not want them to know your QB has injured ribs lest they... you know... TARGET him or something...

Oh wait... you mean they played the Saints last week?  Hmmm... what a coincidence...

6 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I mean, why lie? 

To keep other teams from targeting an injured area.

I understand the rationale, but it was still a dumb decision.  Given that I think Grigson is an idiot though, can't say I'm surprised.

You wanna protect your quarterback? How about getting him a competent offensive line instead of piling on more receivers?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

To keep other teams from targeting an injured area.

I understand the rationale, but it was still a dumb decision.  Given that I think Grigson is an idiot though, can't say I'm surprised.

You wanna protect your quarterback? How about getting him a competent offensive line instead of piling on more receivers?

I definitely don't think it was a dumb decision. The fine is basically meaningless and anything you can do to protect your QB from taking an extra shot in some broken ribs is worth it.

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

Luck has hot garbage for an offensive line

wasn't hot garbage when old man Hasselback was playing this year.  I mean insert a QB behind our OL that holds the ball as long as Cam has to......that isn't built like a DE w/ moves like Jagger?  QB gonna be abused.  Who and how you play QB has a lot to do w/ how a OL is perceived.

Archived