• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Dabbin'"and "Hit Dem Folks": an investigation into Cam Newton's touchdown dance(s).

zacka77ack

43 minutes ago, Future of the Funchise said:

I came here to rage about comments like "Losing intelligence after watching this" but in all honesty after watching the videos #1 I didn't like the music #2 I realized I don't really care because I think new "hip hop" is stupid #3 Dammit I'm not even 30 yet but my dad was right. 

itll-happen-to-you_zps4e8fa255.png

In retrospect that comment makes me sound a little more ignorant than I intended. Probably should have said something like "WARNING: these videos may not be your cup of tea."

Those kids are out there having fun, dabbing. Glad to see it.

Hip Hop started out as party/dance music. Music to get a gathering of people dancing and having fun. Those dudes remind me of me and my boys last decade. Used to be in the clubs with our tall tees leaning and rocking lol. We've grown up, and like most grown ups, you think the current generations type of music is wack and trash.

4 hours ago, zacka77ack said:

So with all this talk of dancing I thought I would educate myself on what exactly is occurring after Cam finds pay dancefloor, resulting in 6 points.  From the first time I witnessed it, I thought he was bowing and adding a bit of his own personal flare to it.  And the "other" part of his dance?  The first time I saw it was at the home opener this year (it may have happened before then but I'm unaware of it), and I thought it was a nod to current NBA MVP Steph Curry, who was in attendance.  I was wrong. On both counts. 

Cam is "dabbin'" then adding a hint "hit dem folks".  Below you'll find videos of each.

WARNING:  your intelligence will suffer after watching these.

Dabbin

Hit Dem Folks

disclaimer:  this is a shitpost but it's something different and a tiny bit informative.

the more you know...

You have no idea how much I hate people that use reddit vernacular on this site.

Archived