• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revenge Tour isnt Finished

KillaCamNewton

I want Arizona.

IMO our 2008 team was our strongest top to bottom. Peppers and Beason in their prime on defense, a powerful offensive line with Jeff Otah of all people barralling people over for the best running tandem in the league, prime Smith on the outside with Muhammad on the other side. This team looked to be a heavy Super Bowl favorite before the Delhomme shitshow. I think to this day that that game costed us our first Lombardi. Is there a better scenario than beating Arizona in the NFCCG before finishing off the Tom Brady era by beating the Pats in the Super Bowl?

Delhomme crapped the bed, but there were a lot more problems with that 2008 team than just him.  Even without Delhomme throwing picks, our pass defense was horrific and had been since that GB game and I don't even want to think of the 300 rushing yards we gave up to the Giants.  Warner and Fitzgerald had a field day.  I feel like I was the only one who wasn't that surprised Arizona beat us.  The writing was on the wall.

I'd easily take the '13 team over them and obviously this team is miles better.  Just my opinion but between Lucas doing his best to lose us games and Delhomme playing below average beginning with the Oakland game, that team wasn't as good as the 2013 squad.  Or really as good as they are made out to be, can't just ignore the QB play.  However, the '09 team showed us the potential they had, defense was far better and once Matt Moore gave us competent QB play, we were looking amazing.  Shame we didn't make playoffs that year.

16 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

We not only beat Arizona last postseason,  but we had one of the most dominant playoff performances of all time,  on the defensive side of the ball.  

but they were playing their 3rd string QB. i think there would be an extra special something to beating them with palmer under center.

we have several revenge games left. the saints are a revenge game for it being so close last time. the falcons at home are a revenge game for trying to steal the division away last year. the giants are revenge for the nfce being so highly touted week in and week out. falcons at home are revenge for making us play in that shittacular dome. bucs at home are 16-0 and that's revenge enough.

i can't wait to see who gets kicked our way in the playoffs. vikings maybe? revenge for that cold-ass 2x blocked punt game last year when we had no mojo. that would be beautiful.

and of course, the ultimate revenge game against the patriots. no one on this team would allow that to be a loss, not this year.

Archived