• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Falcons Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

What this truly shows is that a great drafting GM does make a world of difference.  Where Atlanta is praying they can get 2nd & 3rd rounders to contribute strong but fall short, we have a GM that has picked up 5th rounders and UDFA that START and make solid contributions to this team and are part of the reason we sit where we are today.

• Pie 6

20 minutes ago, Dunn said:

What this truly shows is that a great drafting GM does make a world of difference.  Where Atlanta is praying they can get 2nd & 3rd rounders to contribute strong but fall short, we have a GM that has picked up 5th rounders and UDFA that START and make solid contributions to this team and are part of the reason we sit where we are today.

It also helps, when you have a good coach-who communicates with the GM-so you have an overall cohesive strategy, and know who you are, what you wanna do.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I've said that for a while.  Ryan is not and will never be in the class of Rodgers/Manning/Brees/Brady/Cam, but he is in the range of guys like Eli, Dalton, Flacco, and Alex Smith.  Those guys won't single handedly win you a superbowl, but they also won't cost you a superbowl either.  I said when they sold the farm to draft Julio that by doing that, they'd get a quick fix but long term failure because of it.  Julio is hitting his prime, but they lack depth, and the hope for 2nd and 3rd rounders is to hopefully be starters and 4+ round guys being second stringers, well they gave up a couple of starters and a lot of second stringers by doing that.  When you add that in with the fact they are paying out the ass for Ryan when compared to his skillset, then you realize they don't have the money or talent to prop up a mid tier QB.

Ultimately, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them run that horse faced asshole outta town, but as much as I hate him, I could see him doing well for someone with a team already there around him like Houston, Denver, or maybe even St Louis with their defense.

Just a great post!  That's exactly what I think, just way better said!

Julio was a hope and a prayer.  While he's a great player, they lack the other pieces.  They've missed out on some draft picks in the meantime as well.  In order to climb out of their current hole, they are going to have to hit on some draft picks and hit on those FA pick ups.  Their front office hasn't had much success in either avenue.  

I can't say I feel bad, or even sympathetic to the Falcons.  I've hated them for so long, I kind of enjoy watching the hope fade from the franchise and fan base right now =)  I'm not a good person =)

• Pie 4

This is the first time that I've been successfully approved on an opposing forum (my name is AarghMatty btw). Everyone else (Titans, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Packers...) all turned me down. (CheeseCannonInMaPants was solid gold). 

Anyway, I just feel bad now. This was supposed to be fun. 

Ryan would be great in Houston, Houston should legit try to make this happen. It would also be funny because then he would follow Schaub again. I doubt we really destroy anyone the rest of the season, everyone is gonna be too fired up and they're mostly division rival games. No one I really hate on the Falcons though, they're all kinda bland players who aren't really good or bad. I remember on Hard Knocks their center at the time was a bitch, but I also really liked Freeman, he seemed really down to earth and a good guy. His personality would fit in on the Panthers I think. 

It's crazy to think back to the 2011, 2012 days and be like... one day we'll be on top again. Now here we are, the Saints and Falcons are going down the toilet and the Panthers and Bucs are on the rise. Luckily I think our timing was better than the Bucs and we should maintain the top of the pack for a while, but the Jameis-Cam match-ups are gonna be the real deal for the next decade, which is pretty cool, assuming Jameis develops into the legit NFL talent he appears to be.

7 hours ago, Ship said:

assuming Jameis develops into the legit NFL talent he appears to be.

Lovie Smith doesn't have the best record with developing quarterbacks. Granted, he may never have had access to QB talent like Jameis. I just hope Winston has turned his life around. I don't hate the bucs. And I would really hate to start truly hating them for their thug QB. 

If they can run their organization with some integrity, I wont mind staying classy in our rivalry with them. 

Now the Falcons and Saints... they're just shitty organizations from top to bottom. Sure I bet there are admirable players and staff members on those teams, but as a whole, there's no love lost for me. I'm all to happy to watch the saints and Falcons flounder around for next five years (or ten) in mediocrity or less

They are completely retarded over there. 

I have been trying to troll them and all the do is agree and like my post.

I've said things like ....

Who have they beat?

Cams one dimensional!

Worst 12-0 in the NFL.

We will win Sunday, so what if they are 12-1, Monday they'll be 12-2.

And nothing, hell they have agreed and liked some of m posts. I give up.

9 minutes ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

They are completely retarded over there. 

I have been trying to troll them and all the do is agree and like my post.

I've said things like ....

Who have they beat?

Cams one dimensional!

Worst 12-0 in the NFL.

We will win Sunday, so what if they are 12-1, Monday they'll be 12-2.

And nothing, hell they have agreed and liked some of m posts. I give up.

Well of course they're agreeing with what you post since the things you've said are negative towards the Panthers.

Are you saying that you're trolling them by pretending to be a Falcons fan?

Edited by Cookie Lyon

3 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Well of course they're agreeing with what you post since the things you've said are negative towards the Panthers.

Are you saying that you're trolling them by pretending to be a Falcons fan?

Saying insane delusional things that any true FOOTBALL fan would see to be trolling. For gods sake I'm spelling Norman Nortman.