• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FWIW, On WFNZ Norman Said...

Seltzer

-Lou Young would be called up from the practice squad to fill Bene's spot.  Said he had been doing well in practice, especially his battles with Funchess.  Believes he has helped Funchess develop with his tough play on him in practice.

-Said he thought Charles Tillman would be back this week

-Is fired up to play against ODB, and believes Beckham's Joker cleats were directed at him.  (Even if it's not, Norman is using it for motivation).

-Continues to slam Harrison in regards to doing his job, but unlike Harrison backs it up with facts  

-Today was his 28th birthday.  That is significant b/c as elite as he is, he is well into middle age by CB standards.  Would think he gets offered a extremely lucrative contract for 3, maybe 4 years at his top-of-the-market current value.  Otherwise, gets franchised. 

2 minutes ago, VerticalThreat said:

Anyone with any info on Lou? NFL.com has him listed at 6'1", 205lbs. I like the sound of that. Can't find any game film. 

Impressed early in camp...

Trailed off a bit as competition got more fierce. Should be adequate across from Norman. Would not trust him to cover OBJ obviously. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Impressed early in camp...

Trailed off a bit as competition got more fierce. Should be adequate across from Norman. Would not trust him to cover OBJ obviously. 

Good stuff. Josh spoke highly of him. I think getting Finnegan when we did now becomes HUGE. In my mind, getting acclimated to game speed and in-game communication is why it would be important to get Lou 3 games worth of experience before the playoffs.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The fact that we signed Finnegan off the couch above promoting Young doesn't speak too highly of him.

It may just mean that Young is not good in the slot. Shorter guys with great agility quickness typically excel in the slot. Bigger, physical CB's typically don't because most often slot WR's don't line up on the LOS so jamming is much more difficult.

16 minutes ago, VerticalThreat said:

Anyone with any info on Lou? NFL.com has him listed at 6'1", 205lbs. I like the sound of that. Can't find any game film. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224245/article/georgia-tech-2013-season-preview

"CB Louis Young: Young (6-1, 196) has good size and speed (a legitimate 4.4 in the 40), but he also has been plagued by inconsistency throughout his career. He will be a three-year starter, but despite all his physical gifts he has only two picks and seven pass breakups. Young has no problems being physical, but he is a sloppy tackler who too often goes for the big hit instead of wrapping up. He is one of three senior starters in the secondary. He is the most talented on paper, but he also has done the least of the trio on the field."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROZR-49UcE

Mini draft write-up for a season preview and a single(poorly filmed) highlight were all I was able to find with a quick google search. I know he made some big flash plays in camp and there was an article or two about him then with some pictures of him skying for a pick I think maybe on BBR.

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The Falcons this year are a prime example of why you don't spend a lot of cap space or draft picks on one player who is not a qb.  Jones is good no doubt about it.  But without all the other pieces and parts, his talent is irrelevant. 

I think Julio has developed the same impact #89 had.  He's so good, as a QB you have to force it to him and look for him every play....to the detriment of Matt Ryan's overall play.

58 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Norman is 'older' for a CB but he doesn't rely on speed and agility like Peterson. It's why he and Sherman could play into their mid 30s at a high level. 

We like to think that but after 30 time catches up. 

Archived