• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Picture: How do you WANT to see it play out?

ThinkAboutIt

567937e341c13_NFCPICTURE.thumb.jpg.8173b

Aside from the Panthers finishing 16-0, how do you want to see the seedings work out heading into the Playoffs, and after?

Assuming that the Panthers suffer no major injuries and are able to lock up the #1 seed, there are some crazy scenarios that can play out. The Seahawks host the Rams this weekend, and the Vikings host the Beckham-less Giants, so they both should win this week. Assuming nothing surprising happens, here are the key games that will decide it (Remembering the Assumptions).

• Green Bay at Arizona this weekend: If Arizona beats Green Bay, they're the #2 seed (13-2).
  • Redskins at Eagles this weekend: No guarantee at all, but if the Redskins win their final two games, they're the #4 seed. If they lose either one or both, there are a bunch of scenarios that would determine if the #4 seed is them, the Eagles or the Giants since they would have split with the Eagles and Giants. 
  • Minnesota at Green Bay Week 17: If Green Bay wins their final two games (Arizona & Minnesota) and Arizona loses to Seattle the next week, Green Bay is the #2 seed (12-4). If Green Bay loses to Arizona, they'd need a win against the Vikings to secure the #3 seed (11-5). If Green Bay loses to both Arizona and Minnesota and the assumptions above all play out, then Minnesota (11-5) would be the #3 seed and Green Bay (10-6) would drop to either #5 or 6.   
  • Seattle at Arizona in Week 17: If the Panthers beat the Falcons this week, this game and MN at GB will likely determine the #5 & 6 seeds.

With all that said, I'm rooting for:

1. Panthers (16-0)
  2. Cardinals (13-3)
  3. Packers (11-5)
  4. Redskins (9-7) -- PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!
  5. Vikings (11-5)
  6. Seahawks (10-6)

Of course this is unlikely to happen, but I'd like to see Rodgers go crazy this weekend and the Packers shock the Cardinals, then I'd like to see the Cardinals beat the Seahawks next week and the Vikings stun the Packers. Packers at #2 may seem tempting on the surface, but that will mean Seattle is #5, which (likely) guarantees them a 2nd round trip to Charlotte no matter who wins the NFC (L)East, which I pray to God is the Redskins (I think the Giants could knock off Seattle in January, but I don't want to see them come to Charlotte, either. Screw those headlines if we have to play the Giants again). Likewise, if Green Bay sweeps Minnesota and finishes 11-5 and then hosts Minnesota AGAIN the next week in Round 1, who really expects Minnesota to finally beat them? Could happen, but I doubt it. Therefore, I'd rather see Seattle have to go through Green Bay to get to Carolina rather than have to go to the NFC (L)East champ. Hopefully Lambeau is Lambeau that weekend and it ends up being a dogfight. You want a lot taken out of the winner before they (potentially) come to Carolina. The wildcard would be the Vikings at the NFC East Champ. Any of those teams could beat the Vikings, regardless of their record. What a glorious day it would be if the Packers beat the Seahawks and the Cardinals got the Packers again, and the Panthers (HOPEFULLY) got the Redskins in Round 2, but I wouldn't count on the Vikings losing, even though I'm rooting for: 

Round 2:

• Packers at Cardinals
  • Redskins at Panthers

NFCC:

• Packers at Panthers (I don't think Rodgers would get through Seattle, Arizona, AND Carolina, LOL! If he did, he deserves the Super Bowl)

What will probably happen:

1. Panthers (16-0)
  2. Cardinals (14-2 or 13-3 doesn't matter)
  3. Packers (11-5)
  4. NFC East (8-8)**
  5. Seahawks (10-6 or 11-5 doesn't matter)
  6. Vikings (10-6)  -- GO VIKINGS!!!

Round 2:

• Packers at Cardinals
  • Seahawks at Panthers (Revenge game for last year in the Playoffs)

NFCC:

• Cardinals at Panthers

8 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

the NFC champion will have to beat two of panthers, packers, Seahawks or cardinals. for us to win it we'll have to beat 2 of the other 3. doesn't really matter which 2, they are all tough teams.

Sure, but the Panthers couldn't hope for a better fate than to luck up and face the Redskins in Round 2 instead of the Seahawks, which is actually very possible, as long as the Redskins make it in. The Vikings have a rookie QB and even though the Redskins are a worse team, they'd have the advantage as the home team. 

I see a lot of people saying it is a lock that we are going to get Seattle in the divisional round and I'm just not so sure it plays out like that.

I think we draw Minnesota in the divisional round after they beat Green Bay in the wildcard round.  I think they lose to them in week 17 and then turn around and beat them the following week.  Minnesota matches up well with Green Bay and Green Bay is not the same dynamic offense without Nelson.  With that said, you can throw all that out the window if Timid Teddy turns the ball over.  

If we do draw Seattle in the divisional round, it would be their third road game in as many weeks (at Arizona in week 17, at Washington/Philly in week 18, and then at Carolina).  That back to back east coast trip is going to be pretty rough.  Especially if they play their wild card game on Sunday and then turn around and play our divisional game on a Saturday.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

The only NFC team that worries me is the Seahawks.

Russell Wilson is pretty much the only thing that stands between us and the Super Bowl IMO. He has the ability to neutralize the pass rush, which has been shaky lately at best, and make big plays. Plus that's the one defense that can make it extremely difficult for our O.

1 hour ago, JJman Returns said:

If we are legitimate Super Bowl contenders (which we are) then no team should worry us. We play who we play and if we can't beat them then we don't deserve a title this season. I say bring on Seattle and then Arizona. Although getting Washington in the division round wouldn't be bad either lol

No doubt.  And while our DL may have some players not in the prime of their careers, I still trust them to whip the Hawks OL @ BOA in January.  Certainly, I would expect our OL to whip their DL as well.  Most games are won in the trenches, we're the better team at this point, and beating them would be more satisfying.

2 hours ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

567937e341c13_NFCPICTURE.thumb.jpg.8173b

Aside from the Panthers finishing 16-0, how do you want to see the seedings work out heading into the Playoffs, and after?

Assuming that the Panthers suffer no major injuries and are able to lock up the #1 seed, there are some crazy scenarios that can play out. The Seahawks host the Rams this weekend, and the Vikings host the Beckham-less Giants, so they both should win this week. Assuming nothing surprising happens, here are the key games that will decide it (Remembering the Assumptions).

• Green Bay at Arizona this weekend: If Arizona beats Green Bay, they're the #2 seed (13-2).
  • Redskins at Eagles this weekend: No guarantee at all, but if the Redskins win their final two games, they're the #4 seed. If they lose either one or both, there are a bunch of scenarios that would determine if the #4 seed is them, the Eagles or the Giants since they would have split with the Eagles and Giants. 
  • Minnesota at Green Bay Week 17: If Green Bay wins their final two games (Arizona & Minnesota) and Arizona loses to Seattle the next week, Green Bay is the #2 seed (12-4). If Green Bay loses to Arizona, they'd need a win against the Vikings to secure the #3 seed (11-5). If Green Bay loses to both Arizona and Minnesota and the assumptions above all play out, then Minnesota (11-5) would be the #3 seed and Green Bay (10-6) would drop to either #5 or 6.   
  • Seattle at Arizona in Week 17: If the Panthers beat the Falcons this week, this game and MN at GB will likely determine the #5 & 6 seeds.

With all that said, I'm rooting for:

1. Panthers (16-0)
  2. Cardinals (13-3)
  3. Packers (11-5)
  4. Redskins (9-7) -- PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!
  5. Vikings (11-5)
  6. Seahawks (10-6)

Of course this is unlikely to happen, but I'd like to see Rodgers go crazy this weekend and the Packers shock the Cardinals, then I'd like to see the Cardinals beat the Seahawks next week and the Vikings stun the Packers. Packers at #2 may seem tempting on the surface, but that will mean Seattle is #5, which (likely) guarantees them a 2nd round trip to Charlotte no matter who wins the NFC (L)East, which I pray to God is the Redskins (I think the Giants could knock off Seattle in January, but I don't want to see them come to Charlotte, either. Screw those headlines if we have to play the Giants again). Likewise, if Green Bay sweeps Minnesota and finishes 11-5 and then hosts Minnesota AGAIN the next week in Round 1, who really expects Minnesota to finally beat them? Could happen, but I doubt it. Therefore, I'd rather see Seattle have to go through Green Bay to get to Carolina rather than have to go to the NFC (L)East champ. Hopefully Lambeau is Lambeau that weekend and it ends up being a dogfight. You want a lot taken out of the winner before they (potentially) come to Carolina. The wildcard would be the Vikings at the NFC East Champ. Any of those teams could beat the Vikings, regardless of their record. What a glorious day it would be if the Packers beat the Seahawks and the Cardinals got the Packers again, and the Panthers (HOPEFULLY) got the Redskins in Round 2, but I wouldn't count on the Vikings losing, even though I'm rooting for: 

Round 2:

• Packers at Cardinals
  • Redskins at Panthers

NFCC:

• Packers at Panthers (I don't think Rodgers would get through Seattle, Arizona, AND Carolina, LOL! If he did, he deserves the Super Bowl)

What will probably happen:

1. Panthers (16-0)
  2. Cardinals (14-2 or 13-3 doesn't matter)
  3. Packers (11-5)
  4. NFC East (8-8)**
  5. Seahawks (10-6 or 11-5 doesn't matter)
  6. Vikings (10-6)  -- GO VIKINGS!!!

Round 2:

• Packers at Cardinals
  • Seahawks at Panthers (Revenge game for last year in the Playoffs)

NFCC:

• Cardinals at Panthers

For this to happen, the following MUST happen-

Week 16

Rams over Seahawks

Vikings over Giants 

Week 17

Packers over Vikings

Cardinals over Seahawks

Archived