• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Yahoo Shutdown Corner) Giants punter explains what was said to OBJ pre-game

CatMan72

12 minutes ago, tight lines said:

Its kind of interesting that he seems to remember exactly what ball said verbatim, but doesnt specify what obj said. I wonder if there is a reason for that?

you mean the animated yelling Beckham was doing that lead to Ball walking up?

in fairness, I don't think the media going after Wing is that interested in finding that out what was being yelled at Ball to make him approach.  they are trying to present a certain angle. 

modern day media....ruining basically everything around us.  Not just a sport thing....whether they admit it or not, most guys today are all TMZ-esque where web clicks are the most important thing.   Actually finding out the truth and reporting it....isn't as important as just getting something sounds potentially juicy out instantly.   Not even juicy, if they can get something out that might get people upset that seems to be a priority of "reporting" these days.

Sunday - Did you walk through the door?

What door?

Monday - The door said I couldn't pass through. 

Tuesday - The door said I  was gay! 

Wednesday - The door threatened not to open for Odell, but there were no racial slurs.

Sad thing is, there are a lot of idiots that will blame the door.

Hope all this crap gets moved to the NFL section, even if it is panthers related. Such an embarrassment to the Giants.

Even today, Coughlin had a presser where he was reportedly fuming in his defense of Beckham, stating that he was provoked and basically deflecting the attention again from the horrendous acts by his star player. 

Again, an utter embarrassment to the entire Giants organization. And I've lost all respect for Coughlin, and of course Beckham. 

10 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Hope all this crap gets moved to the NFL section, even if it is panthers related. Such an embarrassment to the Giants.

Even today, Coughlin had a presser where he was reportedly fuming in his defense of Beckham, stating that he was provoked and basically deflecting the attention again from the horrendous acts by his star player. 

Again, an utter embarrassment to the entire Giants organization. And I've lost all respect for Coughlin, and of course Beckham. 

This^^^.  We are now witnessing the collapse of a once proud franchise and their head coach.

Coughlin is a dead man walking if this is the extent of his control over his players.

The Giants will continue to be a rudderless organization until they find accountable leaders to right their ship.

Enjoy you're extended vacation Beckham enablers and Giants fans everywhere.

Regardless, if he did anything of the sort I bet it doesn't go over well with Rivera.  It in no way justifies what happened but the fact the team is dealing with this nonsense will piss Rivera off.  Its not a huge deal he shouldn't be engaging the other players as a practice squader getting the chance to go to  an away game.

He upset the diva and now the whole country has to put up with the bitchfest over it.

well, it sounds like the Giants PR move of painting OBJ as a victim worked.

Public perception is all that matters to the NFL, they likely assumed enough was out there that people won't be that revolted......when they trot out their young face of the NFL for Sunday Night Football for their major market team.  Money rules.

per Jaws at least, it is overturned.  Jaw has cred.

Archived