• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Anyone Else Notice?

Jakob

4 hours ago, Fox007 said:

I keep saying this in every thread almost but seriously it should be looked at...

I wonder if the team  is looking at Rivera sort of crooked due to the way he always goes into bitch mode in the face of controversy...I seriously wonder if the players don't believe Rivera has their back...he always apologizes and tries to hound his players even if they aren't the instigators or the "problem"....plus some former players have said some similar poo about Rivera.

I'm pretty sure the 18 straight regular season wins tells a different story about what our players feel for their coach. This team loves Riverboat. Don't fool yourself and don't over think things. We simply got out-played by a team that was trying harder than we were.

The falcons were totally pissed and embarrassed by the panthers about the blowout, the sideline picture ect. Just look at the way they played, and how they are acting afterwards. The panthers just didn't match the intensity, had no real urgency, and just flat-out didn't play well.

The Falcons played like this was a playoff game, and they wanted to take it to the panthers, the panthers "just showed up"

4 hours ago, Cover2 said:

Not making excuses the team was just trying to sail through with out getting hurt 

I really hope so. If we look like this even for a series in the playoffs I'm going to be pissed. Should've taken care of business today and done this next week.

Whats bizarre was how easy they strolled down the field for the TD, and then generated zilch for the rest of it. It wasnt like they were completely shut out either, they were usually able to get to/across midfield fairly easily but get stuck each and every time. The big example was that turnover, we HAD to get a TD off that

We've spent the last couple of weeks doing two things:

1) Hearing how we are the best team in the league with Cam locking up the MVP, 10 guys getting Pro Bowl nods and how Norman/TD/Luke will be the DPOY. We were legitimate contenders for the perfect season and how we had no weaknesses in our game.

2) We spent the last two weeks putting up a crap load of bulletin board material: 38-0 shut out, team pictures during the game, the whole Josh Norman fiasco, and basically doing our best to lose the good guys image.

In situations like that, too many people end up drinking the Kool-Aid and well... we get our butts kicked.

Everyone sucked today.  Play calling was off, Cam sucked, The D sucked.  It happens, expect it.  It's not like we're going to never ever lose a game again.  This leagueu is populated with exceptional athletes that although may be on a shitty team, can make an ass out of you if you're not on your game.  One or two plays change this game entirely.  That's not an excuse, it's the truth.  If Tillman isnt flagged, they don't score on that possession.  If Coleman doesn't fall down or Luke mistime his jump, that school yard poo play falls incomplete.  However, it didn't happen that way, we lost, but we're still better off than the 3 other NFCS teams and many more in the league.

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We've spent the last couple of weeks doing two things:

1) Hearing how we are the best team in the league with Cam locking up the MVP, 10 guys getting Pro Bowl nods and how Norman/TD/Luke will be the DPOY. We were legitimate contenders for the perfect season and how we had no weaknesses in our game.

2) We spent the last two weeks putting up a crap load of bulletin board material: 38-0 shut out, team pictures during the game, the whole Josh Norman fiasco, and basically doing our best to lose the good guys image.

In situations like that, too many people end up drinking the Kool-Aid and well... we get our butts kicked.

This^^^

Seemed like many of the players were getting too caught up in the moment and taking their eyes off the ultimate prize.  It is understandable with all the hype in the media.

Falcons may have given the Panthers the best gift they've received this Christmas, a reality check.

8 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This^^^

Seemed like many of the players were getting too caught up in the moment and taking their eyes off the ultimate prize.  It is understandable with all the hype in the media.

Falcons may have given the Panthers the best gift they've received this Christmas, a reality check.

I've got to agree. Focus on the game, the team concept and the game at hand is what got us this far this year. The prior week put the microscope on individual players and a season as a whole. We needed someone to knock us around a bit and get us back on task.

Late in the 3rd it occurred to me that the commentators had hardly mentioned Luke and his

"always" around the ball play. 

My son remarked that the whole team just looked flat after that penalty on the 1st possession by ATL.

Yea..  they attempted to mail it in and found out others play to win also.

On 12/28/2015 at 10:26 PM, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This^^^

Yup, for the first time all year the team got caugh looking ahead, instead of one game at a time.

Archived