• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SCOOPED! the definitive last word on babygate

PhillyB

I don't know whats going on in here. But I can tell you this:

Everyone one else in the public eye that has managed to keep these things private always seems to tweet or send a message when the baby was born, they got married, someone died, etc....asking for "privacy and respect at this time" or something similar.

It is hard for me to imagine that one of the most well known public figures of the moment could keep all this under wraps from the media and the public so tightly. The fact that NOTHING has been said by anyone, or reported by anyone credible, makes it seem like this is a rumor gone wild to me.

It's completely possible that Cams team has done the greatest job ever managing this, but really, no retweets from the womans parents about their new grandbaby? No hospital worker selling their story/pictures to TMZ? That's locked down, man.

Well usa-today did post .

50 things we learned in Week 16 of the 2015 NFL season

18. (New father Cam Newton) came up with this celebration after his TD run against the Falcons: Rocking the ball to sleep like a baby.

Unless some don't consider them to be a media outlet, 

14 minutes ago, 15 said:

Glad you asked! Allow me to explain.

Philly and I have both been around the huddle for as long as it has been a forum. We have very different reputations on here. Philly is known as a very intelligent, witty poster while I am reffered to as more of a troll, poo poster, douchebag to put it lightly. There is one thing that truly separates philly and I, though. Philly loves the persona he has created on this forum. He has been the hero before by scaring away the worst trolls from opposing teams message boards, he posts incredible articles every week that are pinned at the top of the board like a teacher using his work as an example, and he attends all of the cool huddle events over the years. 

Now me, I started my career on the huddle as user Bwood. Just another die hard fan with strong opinions and a good sense of humor. My personality quickly rubbed people the wrong way as I am quick to call people out for things that I think deserve to be exposed. Over the years I made many enemies, and on one fateful day, I got into an arguement in the "no boundaries" smack forum and had a troll making fun of my ethnicity (even though I'm white as paper) which then resulted in me making a racist comment (assuming he was black) which in my eyes was evenly warranted. By the time I could realize that I crossed the line, I was banned. This resulted in me trying to get back onto the huddle and explain myself by creating multiple alts which were all banned.

Fast forward a year. I took year off from the huddle, got married, got a great job and had a baby. Just before the offseason began this year, I decided to give the huddle another chance and post here with a much different approach. Ever since then I have been much better at attacking users, making troll threads, and doing notorious Bwood things. Of course I have my slip ups and the occasional troll thread such as my "Luke Kuechly We need Answers" thread, but I think most long time users would say I've grown up quite a bit. I thought out of anyone, Philly would be the one to agree. We've chatted on here about multiple things and have had no beef whatsoever, I respect him and he seems like a cool guy.

Fast forward again to this past week. I am surfing twitter christmas eve night when I stumble upon a friend of a friend whom lives in ATL and has connections to Cam's GF, tweet about Cam and Kia's baby arriving. I got to the huddle to notify everyone since there had previously been speculation about Kia being pregnant and Cam mysteriously leaving practice. This resulted in the usual shitposts such as people calling Kia a hoe, people calling me a dumbass with no source, and so on and forwath. This goes on for 25 pages or so all while I do more research to strengthen my credibility. The thread is then locked and we are all told to move on. Then Cam Newton scores a TD in the first quarter on Sunday in which he then rocks the football like a baby and hushes the ATL crowd. Many people such as the leader and creater of this forum, Jeremy Igo finally agree with me and confirm the rumor as true just like a did a couple days prior.

So, we laugh about it, I pump my trust and say I told you so, and we move on. Then last night, PhillyB posts this thread which he probably spent at least an hour on typing up and several more hours acquiring information from his wife and her friends to prove that Cam Newton did not have a baby. Not only was he trying to squash the "rumor", but he attempted to insult me and belittle me at the same time. It was only a matter of time before we had nurses from Northside, and people affiliated with Cam and Kia joining in on this discussion only to completely expose phillyb's theories and prove that I am right. 10 pages pages go by, and not a single peep out of philly. Plenty of poo talking to me, of course, but no philly! But just then, philly drops by to say "ya ya ya...my info was fake, BUT HEY IM WRITING A BOOK RIGHT NOW, HERE'S THE INFO! LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT! EVERYONE LAUGH AT BWOOD AND FORGET ABOUT THIS THREAD I STARTED! BOOK!" All I wanted was a simple "damn, bwood was right, I was wrong. Sorry man!" But the mans ego is simply too big to do something like that. He is not use to being wrong, and as you said swoonychick, this probably effects his relationship with his wife in which he always thinks hes right and when is proven wrong, just shoves it under the table and changes the subject.

That is the truth. All of it. Just like my OP. I only speak the truth. I'm a real mother fugger and I always will be. Love me or hate me, I am as real as it gets. I made an offer, I said if I'm wrong I will accept a ban. I said if philly is wrong, he should be banned. If the roles were reveresed, I would definitely not be here right now. That's the difference between me an philly. 

if you want an autographed copy all you have to do is ask

15 minutes ago, 15 said:

Glad you asked! Allow me to explain.

Philly and I have both been around the huddle for as long as it has been a forum. We have very different reputations on here. Philly is known as a very intelligent, witty poster while I am reffered to as more of a troll, poo poster, douchebag to put it lightly. There is one thing that truly separates philly and I, though. Philly loves the persona he has created on this forum. He has been the hero before by scaring away the worst trolls from opposing teams message boards, he posts incredible articles every week that are pinned at the top of the board like a teacher using his work as an example, and he attends all of the cool huddle events over the years. 

Now me, I started my career on the huddle as user Bwood. Just another die hard fan with strong opinions and a good sense of humor. My personality quickly rubbed people the wrong way as I am quick to call people out for things that I think deserve to be exposed. Over the years I made many enemies, and on one fateful day, I got into an arguement in the "no boundaries" smack forum and had a troll making fun of my ethnicity (even though I'm white as paper) which then resulted in me making a racist comment (assuming he was black) which in my eyes was evenly warranted. By the time I could realize that I crossed the line, I was banned. This resulted in me trying to get back onto the huddle and explain myself by creating multiple alts which were all banned.

Fast forward a year. I took year off from the huddle, got married, got a great job and had a baby. Just before the offseason began this year, I decided to give the huddle another chance and post here with a much different approach. Ever since then I have been much better at attacking users, making troll threads, and doing notorious Bwood things. Of course I have my slip ups and the occasional troll thread such as my "Luke Kuechly We need Answers" thread, but I think most long time users would say I've grown up quite a bit. I thought out of anyone, Philly would be the one to agree. We've chatted on here about multiple things and have had no beef whatsoever, I respect him and he seems like a cool guy.

Fast forward again to this past week. I am surfing twitter christmas eve night when I stumble upon a friend of a friend whom lives in ATL and has connections to Cam's GF, tweet about Cam and Kia's baby arriving. I got to the huddle to notify everyone since there had previously been speculation about Kia being pregnant and Cam mysteriously leaving practice. This resulted in the usual shitposts such as people calling Kia a hoe, people calling me a dumbass with no source, and so on and forwath. This goes on for 25 pages or so all while I do more research to strengthen my credibility. The thread is then locked and we are all told to move on. Then Cam Newton scores a TD in the first quarter on Sunday in which he then rocks the football like a baby and hushes the ATL crowd. Many people such as the leader and creater of this forum, Jeremy Igo finally agree with me and confirm the rumor as true just like a did a couple days prior.

So, we laugh about it, I pump my trust and say I told you so, and we move on. Then last night, PhillyB posts this thread which he probably spent at least an hour on typing up and several more hours acquiring information from his wife and her friends to prove that Cam Newton did not have a baby. Not only was he trying to squash the "rumor", but he attempted to insult me and belittle me at the same time. It was only a matter of time before we had nurses from Northside, and people affiliated with Cam and Kia joining in on this discussion only to completely expose phillyb's theories and prove that I am right. 10 pages pages go by, and not a single peep out of philly. Plenty of poo talking to me, of course, but no philly! But just then, philly drops by to say "ya ya ya...my info was fake, BUT HEY IM WRITING A BOOK RIGHT NOW, HERE'S THE INFO! LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT! EVERYONE LAUGH AT BWOOD AND FORGET ABOUT THIS THREAD I STARTED! BOOK!" All I wanted was a simple "damn, bwood was right, I was wrong. Sorry man!" But the mans ego is simply too big to do something like that. He is not use to being wrong, and as you said swoonychick, this probably effects his relationship with his wife in which he always thinks hes right and when is proven wrong, just shoves it under the table and changes the subject.

That is the truth. All of it. Just like my OP. I only speak the truth. I'm a real mother fugger and I always will be. Love me or hate me, I am as real as it gets. I made an offer, I said if I'm wrong I will accept a ban. I said if philly is wrong, he should be banned. If the roles were reveresed, I would definitely not be here right now. That's the difference between me an philly. 

I think you are a dick, but don't hate you like most people here do, but I think you are certainly sugar coating things to the new person to make yourself out to be a lot better than you are/were. 

You said some pretty fuged up things and got banned, then say "you decided to give the huddle another chance" like it was your decision to make, and then you go on to do more things to show anyone that will listen that you are right about something, then berate others for caring too much about their own internet personas while its overwhelmingly clear how much you care about your own just as much. 

Thats why you rub so many people the wrong way. You act like the little brother that has his finger in his face and says but I'm not touching you, or the kid on the yard that doesn't get picked for a pickup game and still sticks around the whole game from the sidelines shouting how much he doesn't care about the game anyway because it's stupid. Or that Conor Orr guy that picks against the Panthers every single week and is wrong and then finally one week is right and shouts see I told you idiots this whole time you should have listened to me.

If you'd present your case and let the facts speak for themselves more people would see things your way. 

I for one know that you were right and Philly was wrong but you give people no choice but to defend the other guy because they don't want to be associated with a jerk. 

4 minutes ago, cultclassiccat said:

Damnit I knew I should have bought that PhillyB painting of Cam.  That poo is gunna fetch some good coin  DAMMAT!

Hello again!

prices are gonna quadruple once this book splashes. whoever gets the original cover art is gonna be lucky to land it in an auction for under three grand

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

prices are gonna quadruple once this book splashes. whoever gets the original cover art is gonna be lucky to land it in an auction for under three grand

You should get Ralph Steadman to do the cover art. Some gonzo Panther art would be badass!

Archived